Computer graphics wallpaper suggestions?

Started by
7 comments, last by deus.ex.nova 11 years, 4 months ago
Hey All,

I would consider myself a 3D programming noob, but I like to find inspiration from other people's work/creations. I'm a personal fan of global illumination. Even some of the simplest examples just make me go "ooooohh...aaaaaahh". My current laptop's wallpaper is pretty boring, so I'd like to spice it up with some inspirational computer graphics related work! Whether it's something created in a 3D modeling program, or even a screenshot of something you programmed yourself, please share it! My preferred resolution is something at least 1920x1080 (16:9), but please share anyways even if it's not. Perhaps other members can find inspiration and better wallpapers too! :D
Advertisement
man wallpaper is something i find difficult to pick out, generally i select one, and never change it until i change OS's/reformat, and when i do search for something, nothing ever really stands out to me, so i generally just pick a pre-installed one.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

man wallpaper is something i find difficult to pick out, generally i select one, and never change it until i change OS's/reformat, and when i do search for something, nothing ever really stands out to me, so i generally just pick a pre-installed one.

It is indeed difficult to pick THE wallpaper. I try to cycle them when I notice that one has been there for a while. If I happen to find a number of good ones, and it's on a desktop, I sometimes set it so that the wallpapers automatically cycle every so often.
Well since you are a fan of GI like me, I made a 1080p path-traced render a few months ago which you might enjoy. It's kind of dull and basic, and I'm not particularly proud of it, and I'm not even sure if it's physically correct (I didn't really know what I was doing back then, lol) but it certainly fits your prerequisites smile.png

Here it is: clicky! (well, actually it seems the site resized it to 1600x900, but I have a 1080p available on my hard drive, just say if you want me to upload it somewhere)

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

Well since you are a fan of GI like me, I made a 1080p path-traced render a few months ago which you might enjoy. It's kind of dull and basic, and I'm not particularly proud of it, and I'm not even sure if it's physically correct (I didn't really know what I was doing back then, lol) but it certainly fits your prerequisites smile.png

Here it is: clicky! (well, actually it seems the site resized it to 1600x900, but I have a 1080p available on my hard drive, just say if you want me to upload it somewhere)

ohmy.png That's gorgeous! Why aren't you proud of it, because the path-tracer is basic? Hell, I would love to have the knowledge to make a basic path-tracer. Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to make a decent framework for my projects. wacko.png lol

Anyways, if it's not too much trouble for you, a 1080p version of this would be excellent. A classic GI scene with refraction! Awesome. smile.png Thanks for sharing.
That's gorgeous! Why aren't you proud of it, because the path-tracer is basic? Hell, I would love to have the knowledge to make a basic path-tracer. Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to make a decent framework for my projects. lol[/quote]
I am very critical of my work smile.png and yes, having a framework is very important, otherwise you just waste time reimplementing the same things over and over again.

Anyways, if it's not too much trouble for you, a 1080p version of this would be excellent. A classic GI scene with refraction! Awesome. Thanks for sharing.[/quote]
Not at all, you're welcome! Here is a link valid for the next week or so.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

That's gorgeous! Why aren't you proud of it, because the path-tracer is basic? Hell, I would love to have the knowledge to make a basic path-tracer. Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to make a decent framework for my projects. lol

I am very critical of my work smile.png and yes, having a framework is very important, otherwise you just waste time reimplementing the same things over and over again.

Anyways, if it's not too much trouble for you, a 1080p version of this would be excellent. A classic GI scene with refraction! Awesome. Thanks for sharing.[/quote]
Not at all, you're welcome! Here is a link valid for the next week or so.
[/quote]

I wish I could give you a +1, but they don't allow it for these forums. I guess it makes sense though. :/ The wallpaper is looking nice on my computer right now though. :) For anyone else that would still like to share, please do! We're just getting started here. I would love to have a collection of wallpapers that I can cycle through.
Here it is: clicky!
ooooohh...aaaaaahh!

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

This thread died rather quickly... :( No one else has something cool to share?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement