Any idea when the WYSIWYG editor and backspace will play nicely?

Started by
10 comments, last by Michael Tanczos 11 years, 3 months ago
I know the majority of the forum software is outside of your control, but it gets infuriating sometimes trying to type a post with some formatting (italics, a superscript number, etc), going on just fine, and then hitting backspace because of a typo, and suddenly the cursor jumps back to the last formatted part in the post and deletes from there!

It's been like this forever now. Any ideas when this is getting fixed? Soon? Please?
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Advertisement
Please? It's driving me insane.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
I use the site on four different browsers across PC and mobile devices, and I've never seen the problem you describe.

What browser/version/OS are you using?

I use the site on four different browsers across PC and mobile devices, and I've never seen the problem you describe.

Really? ApochPiQ brought it up almost 9 months ago...

Chrome 23.0.1271.95 on OS X 10.8.2 MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

[quote name='frob' timestamp='1354911471' post='5008214']

Really? ApochPiQ brought it up almost 9 months ago...

Chrome 23.0.1271.95 on OS X 10.8.2 MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
[/quote]

Must have missed that.

Looks like his repro steps are happening on mine, too. (chrome 23 on windows 7)

I rarely use special formatting other than code blocks and quotes, so I guess I just never encountered it.
I have this issue too, and it's very annoying. Using latest version of Chrome (23.0.1271.95 m ...apperently) and Windows 7. So nothing out of the ordinary. It doesn't even happen all the time though. Sometimes I can write a whole post without it happening, and sometimes it happens frequently...
This particular issue appears to have been solved in the next version of the forum software, which comes with a number of improvements to the post editor.

Unfortunately we can't tell you when we'll be rolling out the next version yet, as we're waiting to confirm that it's stable and a few potential minor issues are resolved, but I wouldn't expect it to be more than a few months at most.

Sorry we don't have a more immediate solution, but hopefully knowing the fix is on the way will at least provide some "light at the end of the tunnel", so to speak. Thanks for your patience, and please do continue to follow up these sort of issues with us! smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

This particular issue appears to have been solved in the next version of the forum software, which comes with a number of improvements to the post editor.

Yaaaaay. Out of curiosity, is the spaces-to-tabs issue fixed too? (try posting a block of code, and then going back and editing it... groups of 4 spaces get converted to tabs, which screws up any alignment you may have made in the original post)

Thanks for the update. A light at the end of the tunnel indeed.
is the spaces-to-tabs issue fixed too? (try posting a block of code, and then going back and editing it... groups of 4 spaces get converted to tabs
I won't guarantee it for now, but I think this is also fixed based on a quick test; groups of spaces don't appear to be converted automatically when editing a post.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Are any users still experiencing these issues after the recent software update?

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement