Unwanted notifications received

Started by
14 comments, last by DpakoH 11 years, 4 months ago
Hello site admins,
A very strange thing happened to me. After I made a post about a bug in the forum, I started to receive notification via email from topics that I DONT FOLLOW and all of them are from "GDNet Comments, Suggestions and Ideas". Please fix it :)

ps: one more thing, couple of days ago when i logged in a was redirected to a page i didn't have permissions for and further more redirected to an error page. no big deal, just mention it.
Advertisement
You had notifications enabled for the CSI forum in your settings. I disabled it. I take it you didn't set that up?

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

You had notifications enabled for the CSI forum in your settings. I disabled it. I take it you didn't set that up?

nope, i didn't set that up, furthermore i received two more notifications via email today, again from the same forum section. so i guess whatever you did, it is not working :(
also i noticed this just now. something is wrong
As of right now you aren't following the CSI forum, let's see if it sticks this time...

- Jason Astle-Adams

i am having same email problem with general programing forum i have unchecked "Send me any updates sent by the board administrator" found in 'My Settings' under 'Notification Options' but i still get emails
DpakoH: I've just checked, and as of this post you're still successfully unsubscribed from CSI updates. Please let us know if there's still a problem when you log in.

proanim: I haven't updated any settings on your account for now, but the setting in question is the one for "Notification method to use for topics in followed forums" in the "Topics & Posts" category of your "Notification Options", or if you want to leave the setting as-is and simply "un-follow" the General Programming forum use the "Leave this group" button in the upper right of the General Programming topic index. Feel free to let me know if you'd like me to adjust these settings for you, otherwise I'll leave it to you.

We'll have a bit of an investigate and see if we can figure out how these options might have been set unintentionally -- we certainly don't want you guys being bugged by unwanted notifications!

- Jason Astle-Adams

I have the same problem. Out of no where I've gotten a ton of notifications from forums I've never read. As far as I know I've never selected anything to follow them (in fact I've never even read any of the threads I'm getting notifications for).

*edit: Seems I had notifications enabled for the beginner's forum. Which is funny cause I'm certain I never selected it, nor have I even gone there that I can remember... I have since disabled it, we'll see if it sticks.
When i make a new topic and i check 'content i follow' option under 'by selecton' - 'forum', I get that subforum as i picked to follow it and i need to select 'leave this group' so i don't get notification by email. I this intended?
and yet again, this time from different forum section....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement