• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AlanWu

about Font

This topic is 2192 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello,everybody ,i am AlanWu.
I got some questions here.Please help me.
I want a font drawer,i tried ID3DXFONT ,it is so-so, just so-so.
And I think its speed is good enough.
But i want to change the spacing between the character and the spacing between line.And some special effect,e.g. stroke ,shadow,light.
Some people said, move up,down,left,right each 1 pixel and draw then draw the middle one,it can be stroke.I tried this method, but it looks a little bit strange. Does anybody have better method?
ID3DXFONT can't change the line spacing,so i want to make a flexible font by myself.And i have a look the source code of CFont ,it use GDI put all the character into a texture,but it can only draw ASCII character,i search about Chinese character,Chinese character is called GB2312 ,but it has 8187 character in GB2312 ,should i put 8187 character into a texture?I think it is impossible,do i have other way to do this?
Thanks everybody very much!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!