Support for octals?

Started by
5 comments, last by WitchLord 11 years, 1 month ago
It seems that angelscript doesn't support octals, any plans for this?

Krusu
Advertisement
I don't have any plans to implement this myself. However, if you would like to do it and send me a patch I can certainly include it in the SDK.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This was actually quite easy to implement. Any integer that is prefixed with a 0 is considered a octal just like in C. I added a simple test case, but I wasn't sure exactly where to stick it so I put it in test_bits.

Krusu
Forgot to check if the number is actually a valid octal (0-7), I'll upload the patch as soon as I fix this.
Okay, it now validates the octal. It does add another loop through the numbers, maybe you can think of a better way to validate it?
Thanks for the patch. I'll look into this as soon as I can and have it merged with the SDK.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I received another patch from ketmar that added support for binary numbers in addition to octal. I've checked in that in revision 1571.

The nice thing about that patch is the consistency with the prefixes, example:

int binary = 0b11111111;
int octal = 0o7777;
int decimal = 0d999999;
int hexadecimal = 0xFFFFFFFF;

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement