• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thijsjellema

Using the API function PlaySound

This topic is 6066 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! The following is from a message i posted before, it was about the Win32 API function PlaySound to play wave files from memory instead of playing them from a file on disk. To play a wave file from disk i use the following code: (It's in Delphi, pascal) var SoundString:string; SoundString:='SoundFileName.wav'; PlaySound(SoundString,0,SND_ASYNC or SND_FILENAME); But now i want to play a wave file from memory. The helpfile says that a have to do the following: PlaySound(SoundString,0,SND_ASYNC or SND_MEMORY); The SoundString varaible must point to an image of a sound in memory, i don't know how to do that or what to do after that... Can perhaps anyone tell me how i can do this?????? Thank you very much! Thijs Jellema to_thijs@hotmail.com Edited by - thijsjellema on October 16, 2001 3:59:21 PM Edited by - thijsjellema on October 16, 2001 3:59:41 PM

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!