C bindings

Started by
9 comments, last by Hellrazor236 11 years, 3 months ago
Are there any updated C bindings? If not, what would it take to gets some?
Advertisement
The C bindings were last updated last year. It would be necessary to update them with the latest interface changes. It's a not difficult task but I currently have no time to spend on it.

I happen to know that another user is experimenting with integrating AngelScript in a Delphi application. He has agreed to share the updates that he does on the C interface, but I have no idea when he will be done with these changes.

[edit] added a missing not ;)

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Well, if you told me what to do and how to do it I'm sure I could help.
Take a look at the C interface from last year. You'll see that it follows the layout of angelscript.h. To update the C interface it's just a matter of continuing to use the same pattern and adding the missing functions and adjust the ones that have been modified.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

So it's gruntwork? Okey-dokey. And who's this other user working on it or where can I see the updates, etc., etc. - I'd hate to write what's already been written.
I'll send him an e-mail to see how he's doing. Maybe he's completed the update already.

I received the updated C interface. I haven't had time to test it myself, but at a quick glance it seems to be ok.

I've attached it as I received it. When I get some time I'll do some testing on it and create the project files for compiling it as a dll.

Sweet, thanks!
Okay, how am I supposed to compile it? (I'm using GCC)

Do I just go into the gnuc folder, run "make all SHARED=1", go through the dynamic linking in my code, and #include angelscript_c.h?
The idea is that you'll compile the AngelScript library as a static library. Then compile the AngelScript C interface as a shared library, and link it with the AngelScript static library. The end result is that you'll have a self contained shared library that exposes the AngelScript C interface that the applications can use.

Unfortunately I do not have much experience with gcc so I can't give you details on how to write the makefile for a shared library.

If you can put together the makefile for the AngelScript C shared library I'll be happy to include it in the zip file for others to use as well.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement