Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coletastic555

Unity
unity gives me a error when downloading setup

5 posts in this topic

when i try opening setup it sais this

C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\Downloads\UnitySetup-4.0.0(1).exe could not be saved, because an unknown error occurred.

Try saving to a different location.

plz help me

Thats not unity giving you an error, thats windows giving you an error, more specifically when I google it appears to be a firefox issue. Try a different browser and actually make sure you have the hard disk space free to download it.

[quote name='6677' timestamp='1355662537' post='5011246']
Thats not unity giving you an error, thats windows giving you an error, more specifically when I google it appears to be a firefox issue. Try a different browser and actually make sure you have the hard disk space free to download it.
[/quote] well i found out the problem but now i dont have enogh space i deleted evrything i dont need and still not enogh space help?

Delete more. There is no way around the lack of space, hard drives can only store a finite amount of data and there is no way around that, and if your struggling to download setup.exe but I'm sorry, you won't be able to get any further. The actual install uses even more space than setup.exe, then your game projects will take a large amount of space. You need to get crazy removing stuff from your computer or get a bigger hard drive. Edited by 6677

Do you have another hard drive? I for example have a 64GB SSD that has my windows 7 installation.... and not much else. I can't let my web browsers save files to the default locations, rather I choose a space on my much bigger 4TB(2 2TB in RAID0) drive. If that is your situation, than you need to click save as instead of just "save."

If that doesn't help any, I'd recommend a few things. Look in your programs in the start menu, and see how many you never use and can uninstall. You can also(and probably should) use the control panel applet to uninstall other programs that may not have an entry in the start menu. You can also go under the properties of your full drive and do a disk cleanup, and see just how much space gets freed. Also, check your recycle bin. Another option, that isn't as recommended, could be to remove your old restore points. Google that one if you don't know.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By SimonDarksideJ

It’s official, the world has ended as Microsoft has resurrected the hugely successful Dream Build Play challenge for 2017. The biggest difference in this resurgence is that you can now use any tool, framework or language you wish, so long as it targets Windows 10 UWP!
      You can learn more about the competition at https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/campaigns/dream-build-play-challenge.
      The competition is broken up in to 4 main categories with various Prize levels for each, totaling a MASSIVE $200,000 prize fund for entrants to win!

The competition is open to all (worldwide) with only a few of the usual exceptions:
      If you are a legal resident in your place of residence and 18 years of age or older as of June 27, 2017. If you are 18 years of age or older but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter; and You have the technical programming education, experience and/or knowledge to create games for UWP; and You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria; and
      PLEASE NOTE: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore, residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate. You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and You are NOT an employee of any company or organization that is involved in the provision of prizes, equipment or materials for this Challenge; and You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge; and You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge. You also can’t (of note) submit a game that is being built by a major publishing house or one that is currently in development for console development programs such as ID@Xbox, PS Dev, etc.  It has to be your own work and not linked to your development studio or company.  If it wasn’t obvious, you also cannot submit games that are already published and sold, the game / project must be new.
      If you are up to the challenge, there are a few key dates to be aware of!

A brief history of Dream Build Play
      Dream Build Play which ran from 2007 through to 2012, has birthed some of the most famous Indies in the years gone by, including:
      SKA-Studios with The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai & I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1NIT!!!1 – So famous everyone is still playing their games 
      Humble Hearts with Dust: An Elysian Tail (which went on to be bought by Microsoft Studios)
      Xona Games with Duality ZF (still going strong with new titles being released this year)
      Most Studios and 1 man bands, especially those that won, have all gone on to do great things and that was only with a single framework to build it in, Microsoft’s XNA Framework.
      Read more about the history of Dream Build Play on Wikipedia.
      Now, with the new and improved Dream Build play, the competition is open to anyone and everyone, with any tool, framework or language you wish, with only one single requirement: It must target the Windows 10 Universal Windows Platform.

View full story
    • By SimonDarksideJ

It’s official, the world has ended as Microsoft has resurrected the hugely successful Dream Build Play challenge for 2017. The biggest difference in this resurgence is that you can now use any tool, framework or language you wish, so long as it targets Windows 10 UWP!
      You can learn more about the competition at https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/campaigns/dream-build-play-challenge.
      The competition is broken up in to 4 main categories with various Prize levels for each, totaling a MASSIVE $200,000 prize fund for entrants to win!

The competition is open to all (worldwide) with only a few of the usual exceptions:
      If you are a legal resident in your place of residence and 18 years of age or older as of June 27, 2017. If you are 18 years of age or older but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter; and You have the technical programming education, experience and/or knowledge to create games for UWP; and You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria; and
      PLEASE NOTE: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore, residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate. You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and You are NOT an employee of any company or organization that is involved in the provision of prizes, equipment or materials for this Challenge; and You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge; and You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge. You also can’t (of note) submit a game that is being built by a major publishing house or one that is currently in development for console development programs such as ID@Xbox, PS Dev, etc.  It has to be your own work and not linked to your development studio or company.  If it wasn’t obvious, you also cannot submit games that are already published and sold, the game / project must be new.
      If you are up to the challenge, there are a few key dates to be aware of!

A brief history of Dream Build Play
      Dream Build Play which ran from 2007 through to 2012, has birthed some of the most famous Indies in the years gone by, including:
      SKA-Studios with The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai & I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1NIT!!!1 – So famous everyone is still playing their games 
      Humble Hearts with Dust: An Elysian Tail (which went on to be bought by Microsoft Studios)
      Xona Games with Duality ZF (still going strong with new titles being released this year)
      Most Studios and 1 man bands, especially those that won, have all gone on to do great things and that was only with a single framework to build it in, Microsoft’s XNA Framework.
      Read more about the history of Dream Build Play on Wikipedia.
      Now, with the new and improved Dream Build play, the competition is open to anyone and everyone, with any tool, framework or language you wish, with only one single requirement: It must target the Windows 10 Universal Windows Platform.
    • By MvGxAce
      Is there a program to ensure that the game I've created does not get hacked from third party apps such as lucky patcher, game guardian, game killer etc. If so, how I do I prevent this obstacle from ruining the game. The game is online based but I just recently found out there are hackers. Is there a program I could use to stop this or is it in the coding.

Thankyou
    • By Fidelis
      Hello everyone.
      So after many years with multiple ideas i am ready to reach out and make dreams come true.
      To start with, i don't know if i want to start off with Android or Ios game - but it really doesnt matter at this point.
      Let us say that this thread is about Ios.

The game it self is a open-world-mmo with RPG elements.
      There are designs ready to get inspiration from (even if those have to be "re-designed" do to copyright issues) - the idea behind creating this game as mobile app, is to bring life back to the "long forgotten" games, which i am sure that many of you once played.

Please help me - people of which background, experience, and knowledge am i going to hire?
    • By ThomasMunson2277
      Hey there!

My name is Thomas, and I'm assembling a team of people to begin working on an RPG within Unity Engine. So far, the team consists of two Directors and a Programmer. 
      The game is meant to be realistic and feature a world that is believable and could've happened. The game will feature a rich, detailed story, believable characters, and a unique lore.
      Once the game is finished, it will be sold on the Steam Marketplace and any revenue will be shared with all who assist in the development of the game. 
      Currently, we are looking for anyone to join, whether you be an aspiring writer, a seasoned programmer, or a talented artist. 
      If you feel like helping out and being a part of something that could be big, or even asking some general questions, shoot me an email at: thomasmunson2277@gmail.com

Note: The game will be written entirely in C#.
      My email: thomasmunson2277@gmail.com
  • Popular Now