• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image Loading problem

This topic is 5941 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry if this has been in before, I have looked around and can''t find any answers: When compiling Lesson 6 with Borland C++ Builder as a generic win32 program I get the error [C++Error] stars.cpp(42): Declaration syntax error. on this line..... AUX_RGBImageRec *LoadBMP(char *Filename) . I''m used to programming in GLUT, but made the move to win32 code to avoid any of GLUTS overheads, just trying a few tutorials out. Thanx for any help --Prometheus--

Advertisement
Use of any ''aux'' function requires glaux.lib. As far as I know, there is no glaux.lib with borland c++ (there definately isn''t with the cmd line tools v5.5 which are the heart & sinew of builder). You can try ''implib'' to create a version yourself - good luck; I couldn''t get it to work for me.

Try doing a search for using glaux with borland - there is a site somewhere or other that has good info and a working version. I haven''t checked, but perhaps some of the other NeHe tutorials carry a usable version in the borland ports. Ah! Found it here, and it''s good for ''BC 5.02, CBuilder 3 & 4.

Hope that''s of some use to you.

• Advertisement