Image Loading problem

Started by
3 comments, last by Prometheusuk 22 years, 6 months ago
Sorry if this has been in before, I have looked around and can''t find any answers: When compiling Lesson 6 with Borland C++ Builder as a generic win32 program I get the error [C++Error] stars.cpp(42): Declaration syntax error. on this line..... AUX_RGBImageRec *LoadBMP(char *Filename) . I''m used to programming in GLUT, but made the move to win32 code to avoid any of GLUTS overheads, just trying a few tutorials out. Thanx for any help --Prometheus--
Advertisement
Use of any ''aux'' function requires glaux.lib. As far as I know, there is no glaux.lib with borland c++ (there definately isn''t with the cmd line tools v5.5 which are the heart & sinew of builder). You can try ''implib'' to create a version yourself - good luck; I couldn''t get it to work for me.

Try doing a search for using glaux with borland - there is a site somewhere or other that has good info and a working version. I haven''t checked, but perhaps some of the other NeHe tutorials carry a usable version in the borland ports. Ah! Found it here, and it''s good for ''BC 5.02, CBuilder 3 & 4.

Hope that''s of some use to you.

so thats why :-), thanx.
I didn''t think glaux was used anymore....

--Prometheus--

It''s not, but then lesson 6 is quite old innit. And whaddya think the #include was for?
I thought it was just old code...my mistake

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement