Anonymous is now targeting the Westboro Baptist Church

Started by
44 comments, last by MarkS_ 11 years, 4 months ago
Anonymous has had its little tufts with the WBC, but this time the WBC has awakened the dragon when it said it planned to protest the school in Newtown, Connecticut where the senseless massacre took place on Friday. And apparently, Anonymous is winning, already getting credit card info, social security numbers, contact info, etc.

I'm all for freedom of speech, but I have to say that I'm 100% behind Anonymous on this one. What do you think?
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Advertisement
As a gut reaction. go Anonymous and f@#k the WBC. Couldn't happen to a more deserving group.

And you know what, I don't even think freedom of speech applies. It's hate speech pure and simple, and if they want to slander people like this, they have to be prepared for the consequences. They purport that everyone of their bullshit claims are true. Fine, in that case, prove it. In a court. Personally, I hope someone snaps and beats the crap outta them.
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

As a gut reaction. go Anonymous and f@#k the WBC. Couldn't happen to a more deserving group.

And you know what, I don't even think freedom of speech applies. It's hate speech pure and simple, and if they want to slander people like this, they have to be prepared for the consequences. They purport that everyone of their bullshit claims are true. Fine, in that case, prove it. In a court. Personally, I hope someone snaps and beats the crap outta them.

QFT! I hate Anonymous and all that they stand for, however, the enemy of my enemy is my friend in this case.
OOOOOooohhh.... It's ON!!!

Should be fun.

Everything is better with Metal.

Oh boy .... Why hasn't that nut-case "church" been sued out of existence yet ???

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh boy .... Why hasn't that nut-case "church" been sued out of existence yet ???

I don't know, but there's this... I don't believe the petitions on whitehouse.gov accomplish much (realistically speaking), but it'll be interesting nonetheless.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
A tweet from the account @DearShirely, which has been attributed to Phelps-Roper said that, “Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment.”[/quote]
One thing is create a church and go by alienating people, asking for donations and whatever. But intruding other people's lives and rituals is totally unacceptable.

Not only Anonymous but the affected people should go after this and shut this nonsense down.
This world is really coming to an end...
Programming is an art. Game programming is a masterpiece!

[quote name='Shippou' timestamp='1355708783' post='5011458']

I don't know, but there's this... I don't believe the petitions on whitehouse.gov accomplish much (realistically speaking), but it'll be interesting nonetheless.
[/quote]

I'm signing that as soon as I can create the account!

And they were sued by the father of a fallen soldier who's funeral they picketed. He won, but then the judgement was overturned on appeal and he had to pay the church's legal fees. I am a Christian and not ashamed of it. They are a hate group masquerading as a Christian church. They need to be shut down. Their hatred is nowhere to be found in the Bible I read.

I am so angry at the events of the past few days and then THIS? I want to take a baseball bat to the protest and turn very un-Christian on them...
Some select tweets:

[quote name='TeamSt34m']
@YourAnonNews @KYAnonymous Let's order some gay hookers/strippers and send them to houses of #WBC members. Use their CC's. lulz

[quote name='Anonymous']
RIP… lol RT @LulzExecutive: @YourAnonNews just succesfully filed a death certificate for sherley. Her ssn is now blocked

[quote name='Anonymous']
Called every comic book and costume stores in the Newtown / Danbury, CT area and they are all out of stock of Guy Fawkes masks. This is good

[quote name='TeamSt34m']
@YourAnonNews botnet AND keylogger infection on http://godhatesfags.com please rt. Only the guilty wont see this
[/quote]

In terms of entertainment, all I need is some popcorn. This is better than any movie I've seen lately.
popcorn.gif

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement