Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squirrel

Direct Draw for Borland C++ 5.02???

Squirrel    122
Is there any tutorials for this compiler? this compiler is the only one I can afford and is very fussy. Anything close to VC++ will just give me a buch of errors when I compile. I can''t learn like that. Any tutorials that would work with that beast? Thanks! Ryan

nickm    122
Well, I had the same problem with a borland compiler (5.5), but now all programs compile fine. Just be sure to link with the correct lib files! For example, with my version of the compiler I am using this line to compile a directx program:

bcc32 -W -eC:\mydxprog.exe ddraw.lib dinput.lib dsound.lib mydxprog.cpp

I don´t know if this works fine with version 5.02, anyway, the -W switch means it´s a windows program with WinMain as the entry point. Maybe this is not the same switch name as in v5.02, but I''m sure it exists, just check the documentation.

BTW: I''ve learnt directx by reading a book about it, of which I think it''s a better way to learn it.

Squirrel    122
I''m not using c++ builder. I tried compiling the examples included in the link from the other reply and I got a buch or errors there too. And the lines you where telling me to put, where do I put that? It looks more like command line commands to me. Do I put that in a .mak file or a .def file? Thanks!