• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squirrel

Direct Draw for Borland C++ 5.02???

This topic is 6090 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there any tutorials for this compiler? this compiler is the only one I can afford and is very fussy. Anything close to VC++ will just give me a buch of errors when I compile. I can''t learn like that. Any tutorials that would work with that beast? Thanks! Ryan

Advertisement
Well, I had the same problem with a borland compiler (5.5), but now all programs compile fine. Just be sure to link with the correct lib files! For example, with my version of the compiler I am using this line to compile a directx program:

bcc32 -W -eC:\mydxprog.exe ddraw.lib dinput.lib dsound.lib mydxprog.cpp

I don´t know if this works fine with version 5.02, anyway, the -W switch means it´s a windows program with WinMain as the entry point. Maybe this is not the same switch name as in v5.02, but I''m sure it exists, just check the documentation.

BTW: I''ve learnt directx by reading a book about it, of which I think it''s a better way to learn it.

I''m not using c++ builder. I tried compiling the examples included in the link from the other reply and I got a buch or errors there too. And the lines you where telling me to put, where do I put that? It looks more like command line commands to me. Do I put that in a .mak file or a .def file? Thanks!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!