A gaming PC

Started by
15 comments, last by demonkoryu 11 years, 4 months ago
If I want to make a 3d game, which iss pc is good, can I buy alienware x51 or just build one myself
Advertisement
Build one yourself. Why i say that is cause, while building you can choose what to put inside. And besides if you would buy a Alienware PC it wouldnt help much since you could buy a similiar pc with same kapabilities and it still would be cheaper.
... much more cheaper.

from time to time i find time

If you want to make a 3D game, just buy a PC with enough RAM (8GB+) and 4+ CPU cores. The rest doesn't really matter. Oh, and a good keyboard.

If you want to make a 3D game, just buy a PC with enough RAM (8GB+) and 4+ CPU cores. The rest doesn't really matter. Oh, and a good keyboard.

Uh, you might want to throw a decent GPU in there instead of all those cores. His game probably won't push it very hard but it's important to have so you don't get creatively hindered by crappy hardware.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

It doesn't matter. You can make a 3D game on any modern computer.
If you just have the intention of making a 3D game, one that's not too graphically intensive (i.e. not like Crysis), then I think it would be better to invest in a laptop so that you can make your game on the go. On the other hand, if you're planning on making a graphically demanding and/or using this PC to play the latest and greatest games, then build yourself a nice gaming PC with a good CPU, GPU, and RAM (8 GB is good to start with).
Build your own.
What parts you should spend relatively most on depends on what you intend to do on it.

SOME 3D games might not need that much CPU power but can utilize any number of GPU power for awesomer graphics.
Some might use the CPU to do graphics optimizations etc. or might simply have lots of physics simulation and other such things.
Others might need to load new models and terrain from the disc all the time.

Buy a good GPU if you need awesome graphics. Also buy a good CPU because many modern games to my understanding utilize it for graphics, and of course you might play games that actually use the CPU for non graphical processing (!!!)

If you can afford some variation of an SSD i suggest getting one because ive heard it really speeds up your computer (even if its just for the most used files like startup...)

And check benchmarks on the parts, because clock speed and amount of cores dont tell that much...

o3o

The graphics card is more important than some of the people in this thread have made it out to be. It's the difference between playing the latest Call of Duty (that is, a game that uses a relatively dated engine) on an i5 at 3.1GHz at 1280x720 at 30FPS and running the same game on the same hardware with a better graphics card at 60FPS with all the options maxed at 1920x1080.

In other words, if you have a 3GHz CPU with two or more cores, you're set. If you have 8GB of RAM or more, you're good. But do not skimp on the graphics card!
Thanks guys, i choose to build my own PC. i don't wanna buy a laptop i already hv two and also it is hard to maintain it and it is hard to upgrade the processors.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement