Sign in to follow this  
Alpha_ProgDes

Your kids is so fat......

Hodgman    51222
[quote name='cowsarenotevil' timestamp='1355967528' post='5012663']
So the link works for you? Because it's broken for me.
[/quote]Yes. The important bit:
[quote]A Montreal animation school has fessed up that the "Golden Eagle Snatches Kid" on YouTube is a fake, created by three students in its three-year animation and digital design degree program.
"Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards," the school, Centre NAD, said in a statement Wednesday.[/quote]

Gavin Williams    985
I totally believed it at first, but when brx posted the 'fake expose' video, I figured it was fake, the movement of the child after the eagle loses hold is wrong, as noted in that video. The trajectory is odd, and there is no apparent weight to the child or parts of the child, it acts as a rigid body, it doesn't slump or sag or twist as though the eagle let go with one claw and then the other. It moves at an upward angle too far before it's trajectory turns down. I'm sure it could be picked to pieces with further analysis.

way2lazy2care    790
[quote name='Hodgman' timestamp='1355968005' post='5012669']Yes. The important bit:
[quote]A Montreal animation school has fessed up that the "Golden Eagle Snatches Kid" on YouTube is a fake, created by three students in its three-year animation and digital design degree program.
"Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards," the school, Centre NAD, said in a statement Wednesday.[/quote]
[/quote]
So all the golden eagles I shot today... oh god. D:

Bacterius    13165
All the above said, it should be noted some eagles [i]can[/i] carry an average-weight toddler like this one, and even if they can't, they certainly have enough momentum to carry them up to lethal heights. So while this is a decent fake, it is still something to watch out for.

alh420    5995
Maybe I should have been clearer. I didn't mean any comment here, arguing that it might happen.
All comments here are perfectly reasonable.
There was at least one poster in the comments section of the news article who seemed to still believe the youtube clip is real. Edited by Olof Hedman

Nibbles    569
I hadn't seen this one before but I guess this is a video they "made" last year.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnI36hw-jT0"]Penguin Escapes Zoo in Montreal[/url]

They've definitely improved their skills with the big jerk bird video.

cowsarenotevil    3002
I hadn't seen this one before but I guess this is a video they "made" last year.

Penguin Escapes Zoo in Montreal

They've definitely improved their skills with the big jerk bird video.

That one's more obviously fake and the animation is infinitely less organic, but honestly it's still very good at least for the first 13 seconds; seeing the texture up close and in direct sunlight pretty much kills it though.

Edited by cowsarenotevil