Open multicolored Blend Map problem

Started by
2 comments, last by ~Helgon 11 years, 4 months ago
Hey, i have following strange problem.

I have a blend map that basically consists of 5 colors rgb black and white but if i open the .dds with photoshop or the directx .dds tool i get different results and no one is correct.

In the programm the blend map works perfectly as supposed and expected but i cant view the map (afterwards with ps or the dds tool)

Someone has an idea why or what i can do?

It looks like this.

in the left in photoshop, right is dds texture tool

regards

[attachment=12864:map.jpg]

from time to time i find time

Advertisement
IIRC the light blue from the dds texture tool is due to the alpha channel. When alpha is zero, it appears blue in the visualization. Have you tried to play around with the various options for viewing different parts of the texture?
Your right, the light blue is transparent but thats extremly strange... i've already tried to play with the settings but thats not the problem. i'm a little bit confused. what irritates me also is that the ps and dds texture tool view is totally different

Well, i didn't find a solution to handle it with the texture tool but in photoshop (very easy in fact). Kinda stupid but if i normally just use the .dds tool i didnt expected it this way.
I just have to write in each color channel. The picture i saw was already the rgb combination - i expected it but i didn't know how to handle it

Just if someone has the same issue , image

regards

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement