Game Tester

Started by
7 comments, last by Fifthcore 22 years, 5 months ago
I am 18 and I am looking to become a Game Tester. I am in Southern CA. I really want to get into the game industry. I just applied online for a Game Testing job at THQ. I was just wondering if anyone is looking for a game tester in Southern CA or knows of a company that is. Thanks No Flames Please. I know that game testing is not all fun and games, but i hear it the best way to into the game industry.
www.ivgdb.com Internet Videogame Database
Advertisement
Most of the software testers I know have a degree in Computer Science... and that includes the game testers. Are you going to school? You might be able to find an intern type of position.
Huh? Isn''t the best way to become a kick-ass programmer?
toki!
Yeah, I am in college right now, majoring in Computer Science
www.ivgdb.com Internet Videogame Database
the best way to start at a game company is as a cleaner.
Hey, anything is possible... that''s how Bon Jovi got this start.
Bon Jovi worked as a cleaner for a game company? Wow. So, I guess it''s actually the best way to become a rock star.
_________________________The Idea Foundry
Harrison Ford was a carpenter when he got tapped for his role in star wars...
Yes, but he had gone to acting school and held some parts before that, it''s just that for him working as a carpenter for rich movie types paid a lot more than acting in bit parts. Of course, nobody will say him being a carpenter wasn''t foruitous as it put him in touch with the right people...or put him in the right place at the right time which is actually more true to what he says about the situation. Or so I''ve read...

R.
_________________________The Idea Foundry

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement