I can't write in my posts...

Started by
7 comments, last by Michael Tanczos 11 years, 3 months ago

GAAAH! I can't write posts using the plain-text editor (not the WYSIWYG editor). It doesn't save anything I type, and when I tried creating this post with the plain-text editor it wouldn't let me (it gave me the error "You must enter a post."). Also, I couldn't copy 'n' paste my message that I wrote in plain-text into this WYSIWYG editor....

Also, when I tried using the plain-text editor, I still had full access to all the formatting/linking options (and when I tried create a link, clicking "Ok" on the pop-up link box wouldn't close it or do anything, so I had to cancel it).

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Advertisement

I'm having the same issues (Chrome on Vista and Win 7), though I can copy and paste from plain text mode to the WYSIWYG mode if I reload the entire page first.

Did you clear your cache? I had a similar problem.

Clearing the cache seems to have worked.
Did you clear your cache? I had a similar problem.
I figured it was a different issue (seeing as I could still post with the WYSIWYG editor), but yes, that seems to have worked. Thanks!
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Perhaps GameDev.net should put a message across the top of the site saying, "We just updated our site software. If you are experiencing any problems, first try clearing your cache; if the problem persists, report it [here]"

I imagine quite a bit of people are experiencing the problem and don't know why.

[Edit:] Currently it says, "Ctrl+R your browser". Refreshing the webpage (Ctrl+R) won't fix it: clearing your cache does.

Perhaps GameDev.net should put a message across the top of the site saying, "We just updated our site software. If you are experiencing any problems, first try clearing your cache; if the problem persists, report it [here]"

I imagine quite a bit of people are experiencing the problem and don't know why.

[Edit:] Currently it says, "Ctrl+R your browser". Refreshing the webpage (Ctrl+R) won't fix it: clearing your cache does.
I can't upvote with a button, so I'm doing it with words.

I cleared my cache. Still no luck. I had to edit a post about five times and it still doesn't look correct.

I using Chrome on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I cleared my cache. Still no luck. I had to edit a post about five times and it still doesn't look correct.

I using Chrome on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Hrmm.. I had to press the plain text mode button in the upper left corner to modify your post correctly. I don't like how if you put two source snippets you can't get back to post something between them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement