Alternative Languages...

Started by
20 comments, last by farmersckn 22 years, 5 months ago
I was actually a big VB programmer once upon a time (believe it or not). That was until my boss at the time asked me to develop a multimedia front-end for our CD installations. Well that''s all fine and dandy but since VB programs require runtime libraries to be present and registered (in order to run) and not every machine may have them present I had two choices. #1 Write a program (in something other than VB) to check for, install, and register the VB runtime libraries before attempting to run the front-end or #2 Use a language that compiled to true "executable" code rather than VB''s "interpreted" P-Code. I obviously choose path #2 and my language of choice was Delphi. And even though a lot of my everyday development is now in C/C++ I still use Delphi on the job whenever I need a quick GUI interface, a simple tool, or I''m proto-typing a design. Not to mention I use Delphi for a lot of my off hours programming.
Advertisement
Let''s not forget C++ Builder - it''s got the same interface as Delphi; it''s just based on a different language.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement