Programming a Game...

Started by
13 comments, last by EduardoMoura 11 years, 3 months ago

I think motivation is the main concern when coding a video game, so I think I agree with your opinions of saying, hack first and then reformat later. This way we get something to look at, and at later stage we can fix, clean, and improve our old code.

Still I feel trouble by my "engine" mentality and my quest for the perfect piece of code, Its a never ending quest for me I guess. Heheheh

Check out my new blog: Morphexe

Advertisement

Maybe hack out a bunch of concepts one by one, and then look at the best way to mix them??

Or hell man, just make everything reusable if thats how you roll.

The only benefit to not doing that is maybe readability? I don't know.

Worry less. Code more. <3

Yeah, I going with the just make it work, in the end reuse everything clean code etc. This way I do get things done and dont get bored with the game.

I guess I am going to change my work methodology just to make things faster. And then worry with doing then better :D

Let us know if you come up with anything you want to share. If it's all reusable I'm sure some people would love free code ;)

I have a few code that can be used, I will write a article on it once I get it on a more decent state.

right now I am going to write a Indepth article on SAT 2D discrete and swept methods, you might see it popping around sometime soon :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement