Arcadia Online MMORTS release day

Started by
7 comments, last by arc4nis 11 years, 2 months ago

http://www.arcadiaonline.org

Hello,

For years I've been working on a MMORTS and I would like to share with you the release day. As fellow game developers I would be more than happy to hear your opinion about the game.

Arcadia Online is a Massive Multiplayer Online Real Time Strategy played on a browser. The goal is to expand your empire by building cities and conquering other cities.

What sets this game apart from other browser based MMORTS games is that everything happens on a huge persistent world map (like Civilization) and the player has full freedom of action. Also formations play a huge roll the outcomes of battles (both ground and sea battles).

Our goal is to have up to 10000 people playing on a single map.

">Arcadia Online Trailer

Here are two screenshots of the game during closed beta:

arcadia_s1_zps2234bb9a.jpg

arcadia_s4_zpsdda09628.jpg

I hope you will join us!

Advertisement

Just started playing this and it is great. BRB after I play some more. My name is Bacon... sadly I wish I would have chosen another name but it was the first thing that popped into my head... I didn't know name meant username lol.

Yes, I guess it wasnt so clear it would be the name used in game so I changed now the description to Name (used in-game) for future misunderstandings :)

Back. The game is amazing and I highly recommend it. Reminds me of stella quest l which is my favorite browser game ever.

A little update, we are having a steady growth in the userbase and the game is starting to come alive, for those of you who have joined from gamedev I would like to hear your opinion on the game.

I like the game. I am waiting for five more hours until I have enough stone to start a new city. One thing that I would like to see in the game is in the battle message I would like it to let you know how much resources you won from the battle. That is my only suggestion.

On another note I noticed that when I drag my mouse across the screen it isn't very fluid and responsive. It is kind of sticky but this may be my computer.

I also think that you should save snapshots of the world so that people can go through and see how it changed over time.

On another note I noticed that when I drag my mouse across the screen it isn't very fluid and responsive. It is kind of sticky but this may be my computer.

I also think that you should save snapshots of the world so that people can go through and see how it changed over time.

The mouse dragging is a problem with the browser, on Firefox its good enough, while on Chrome its almost seamlessly responsive.

As for the snapshots that would be an interesting thing to see, but there are more important game related changes on which I am working.

Here is a little update of the things that have been added to the game in the last few weeks:

- Alliance ranking has been implemented!

- The siege duration timer has been reduced. Previously sieges could last up to 8 days, now a normal siege will last around 2 days.

- Various tweaks to the user interface.

- Transferring resources from city to city will be easier with the addition of a drop down menu of all your cities, so you don't have to type the name of the city each time you send resources.

- The timing of Gold upkeep payment has been synchronized with the taxation cycle so you don't have to worry about emptying all your Gold reserves and not having enough Gold to pay for the city Gold upkeep as long as your Gold balance is in the positive.

- The manage realm list of all your armies and fleets has been improved with the addition of a Go to location to all armies and fleet, so they are easier to find on the map.

- If your city has been put under siege you will now receive a message.

- Lumber production has been increased since it was a little bit off balance.

Update, the trailer for Arcadia Online has been released!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement