Compile errors

Started by
2 comments, last by regonaros 11 years, 3 months ago

I just switched over to DirectX11 from DirectX9 and I've got the following compile errors when I ran my first DirectX program. any help appreciated.

1>------ Build started: Project: DirectX11, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Build started 26-Dec-12 18:37:20.
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1>  Touching "Debug\DirectX11.unsuccessfulbuild".
1>ClCompile:
1>  All outputs are up-to-date.
1>ManifestResourceCompile:
1>  All outputs are up-to-date.
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl InitializeDirect3d11App(struct HINSTANCE__ *)" (?InitializeDirect3d11App@@YA_NPAUHINSTANCE__@@@Z) referenced in function _WinMain@16
1>c:\users\mike\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\DirectX11\Debug\DirectX11.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:00.19
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

thanks.

Advertisement

This just means that the function

bool InitializeDirect3d11App(HINSTANCE__ *)

that is used in your

_WinMain function is never defined anywhere

It is called, but the compiler cannot find the actual function definition.

Wisdom is knowing when to shut up, so try it.
--Game Development http://nolimitsdesigns.com: Reliable UDP library, Threading library, Math Library, UI Library. Take a look, its all free.

It is not a compile error it is a linker error.
Add the .CPP file containing that function to your project or, if you believe it already is then perform a full rebuild.

If the .CPP file is added and a full rebuild still fails, check the declaration of that function in its header file and ensure it is an exact match for its definition in the .CPP file (also assuming it exists in the .CPP at all).

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

Problem was in the naming of the function. Resolved.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement