Simple Made Easy---Best Presentation About Programming I've Ever Seen

Started by
2 comments, last by tufflax 11 years, 3 months ago

Hi!

I want to share a video with you guys that I think is very good. It has helped me a lot. Check it out!

http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Simple-Made-Easy

After I watched that video, I thought back to some problems I've had in the past, and found that almost all problems in programming boils down to things being complected. I thought we could discuss simplicity, as defined in the video. Rich gives a good explaination of what simplicity is, but it's not always easy to see it when you encounter it. What are some instances of complexity you have encountered or struggled with? Do you have any design techniques that yield simple systems?

Btw, Clojure is a great starting point if you want to build simple systems.

Advertisement

Did anyone watch it? I bet you are just stunned because it was so good, right? ;) You are doing yourself a disservice if you don't watch it.

I saw it before. It's a pretty decent video, though it tends to fall down a bit once he gets out of the basic idea and into practical matters.

I saw it before. It's a pretty decent video, though it tends to fall down a bit once he gets out of the basic idea and into practical matters.

What about the practical matters didn't you like?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement