Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vendayan

Looking for a bit of help with D3D

I have a very broad understanding of DirectX and I can write a simple enough app with it. Although, now I am looking to start a new project that requires me to get a little bit more of an understanding of DirectX than I have. The idea is I am wanting to make a FPS type of game that would not have a world broken into levels. I am wanting to break the world into a grid and have it showing 9 parts of that grid at any given time, then when the player moves into another grid space it will remove 3 of the other sets of object from memory and load the next adjacent sets. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me some help with a similar app on a much smaller scale so I could get a better understanding of what needs to be done. ~Vendayan

I should also be more specific, I have never made an app that required me to define an object class before and to link them with an AI etc. So i should say that the DX libraries are really all that i understand and I am lacking in general 3D game programming experience.

~Vendayan