Code tags occasionally messing up

Started by
9 comments, last by Bacterius 11 years, 3 months ago

Sometimes when using the new code tags, only the first line of the code gets wrapped in the code block, and the rest shows up outside of it.

Example:
buggycodetags.png

(link to pictured post)

Trying to reproduce the bug, I think this is how it occurs:

Have your editor in WYSIWYG mode, and manually type [ code ] and [ /code] around a multiline group of text:

image1tb.png

Hit "Preview", and see that the preview looks fine, but the new code in the edit box is messed up:

image2em.png

Note: You don't have to view the preview for the bug to occur, hitting "post" instead of "preview" will also cause the bug (or it may occur only after trying to edit a post, I'm not sure).

Advertisement

#include <algorithm>
#include <iostream>
#include <iterator>
#include <string>
#include <vector>
#include <utility>

using namespace std;

typedef pair<int,string> Pair;

inline bool less_than_second( const Pair& b1, const Pair& b2 ){
   return b1.second < b2.second;
}

int main( )
{
   const char* names[] = { "A","B", "C", "D","E" };
   const int values[] = { 18, 20, 26, 30, 41 };
   const int num_pairs = sizeof( names ) / sizeof( names[0] );

vector<Pair> pair( num_pairs );
   transform( values, values+num_pairs, names,pair.begin(), make_pair<int,string> );

sort( pair.begin(), pair.end() );

sort( pair.begin(), pair.end(), less_than_second );

vector<Pair>::const_iterator pair_end = pair.end();
   for( vector<Pair>::const_iterator i = pair.begin();
      i != pair_end; ++i )
   cout << i->second << " - $" << i->first << " values\n";
}

for (int i = 0; i < 30; i++)
{
    Console.WriteLine("Hello " + i);
}

<strike>strike through</strike>

bold
italic
undelrine
strike
subsuperol
li
http://www.gamedev.net

http://www.gamedev.net/

#include <algorithm>
#include <iostream>
#include <iterator>
#include <string>
#include <vector>
#include <utility>

using namespace std;

}

int main( )
{
   const char* names[] = { "A","B", "C", "D","E" };
   const int values[] = { 18, 20, 26, 30, 41 };
   const int num_pairs = sizeof( names ) / sizeof( names[0] );

vector<Pair> pair( num_pairs );
   transform( values, values+num_pairs, names,pair.begin(), make_pair<int,string> );

sort( pair.begin(), pair.end() );
using namespace std;

} sort( pair.begin(), pair.end(), less_than_second ); vector<Pair>::const_iterator pair_end = pair.end(); for( vector<Pair>::const_iterator i = pair.begin(); i != pair_end; ++i ) cout << i->second << " - $" << i->first << " values\n"; }

this

is

a 

multiline

text

test
test

test

I think I got it.. oddly enough the company who makes this software says this is not a bug and people should just use the code button. Yeah right..

Submitting a patch to them.

It's a "feature". Right. rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the quick response!

I've found additional reproducable bugs with it.. (like when you go back and edit your code) I am thinking our best bet would be to have the wysiwyg turned off by default. This is nonsense.
<p>We really don't need all of the features the editor offers for this community.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>We <em>need</em> to be able to post code samples easily and without error, and we need a couple of basic formatting options for general text. &nbsp;It's good to be able to easily post proper links as well. &nbsp;Some of the other stuff is nice sometimes, but we don't by any stretch of the imagination need those things. &nbsp;We don't need indenting (outside of code), justified or right-aligned text formatting. &nbsp;We don't need fancy emoticons. &nbsp;We don't need (or even want) coloured text or weird fonts.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I'm sure it's probably a great post editor for communities where posting code is rare or unseen, but for us it needs to be a first-priority feature.</p>

- Jason Astle-Adams

Unfortunately it's not easily possible to swap out.. the thing is so entrenched now in the software with 80 gazillion little customizations that it's barely ckeditor anymore. Hitting the lightswitch and going into the "bbcode" mode seems to be the better option since it works like our old editor used to work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement