DirectX 11.0 Desktop games using Windows SDK 8.0 in VS2012

Started by
3 comments, last by Dynamo_Maestro 11 years, 3 months ago

Hi. I am looking for tutorials on developing DirectX 11.0 desktop games using the new DirectX SDK (which is part of the new Windows SDK 8.0). Most tutorials I found ask about downloading the June 2010 DX SDK.

I have Visual Studio 2012 ultimate installed on Windows 8 Pro.

I am a newbie to DX. Please suggest some non-MSDN beginner tutorials and/or a good book.

Advertisement

There's probably not much of a difference between the two SDK versions except some very specialized features, nothing worth worrying for a beginner. If you find any DX11 (or even DX10) tutorials, they will still work great.

The only difference is that D3DX isn't available on Windows 8. But there's replacement for it, Google should find it easily.

One big problem is how to set up DirectX on visual studio. It is different now. Code samples from existing tutorials cannot be used (compile errors). No tutorial tells what changes to make, where are the changes, what to include more-what not to include etc...i.e. how to get things running! :(

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee663275(v=vs.85).aspx That may be useful

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement