EvoCreo - A monster collection game

Started by
3 comments, last by rioneye 11 years, 3 months ago
MainMenuSprite_zps3b943624.png

EvoCreo™ - A monster collection RPG for mobile devices

Target:$2000
Deadline: Jan 17

EvoCreo is a monster battling game similar to Pokemon, currently being developed for Android devices. We are planing an iOS version along with cross platform multiplayer. We have an alpha build available for people to get a general feel for the game and its general direction here

I've been working on this project for a little over a year now and am at the point where I need to start getting the final assets prepared. The money raised from the kickstarter will go to making higher quality graphics. The current assets are mostly test sprites used to set up the layouts, so they lack a bit of...originality.

Finally, any advice or critique would be appreciated as this is my first major game.

UPDATE:

Here is a demo video of the game basics

">
Advertisement

I Tried it, I can't start a new game.

Loading your game, I entered battle and once my guys died it crashed.

It looks very similar to pokemon, I like it. Although I would have some text on the moves or something to explain what it does (If there is I didnt find it).

I will add more once I play a bit longer.

Check out my new blog: Morphexe

Thanks for trying it and the feedback. I am working on the second alpha build that will have a move description and fixes the double NPC encounters as well as the crash when your party faints. It should be ready in the next couple days.

After a second playthrough, I advice you to change the battle graphics a bit, you might get "oh he is copying pokemon", I really like the idea of the "types" next to it :) Good job on it. I would change it a bit though, dunno if it is like pokemon but it should only display them if you have met the Creo before, learned it from someone or something. That way players will need to learn about creos to get significant advantage on it.

I really really love the battle animation though, the leafs and stuff like that, really good. 5*.

Check out my new blog: Morphexe

Just wanted to let people know that we updated the alpha. It should be more bug free and we've included move descriptions. I'm also posting a demo video going through the basics of the game. Its my first video with commentary, so sorry if it sounds weird.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement