• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Unity HttpWebRequest

This topic is 1848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

so, i'm working on a game for PSM, and am just experimenting at the moment with trying to create an http connection to an apache server on my local network.

HttpWebRequest Req = HttpWebRequest.Create("http://192.168.3.1/") as HttpWebRequest;
            Req.Timeout = Timeout.Infinite;
            try{
                HttpWebResponse Res = Req.GetResponse() as HttpWebResponse;
                Console.WriteLine("Response Status: "+Res.StatusDescription);
            }catch(Exception E){
                Console.WriteLine("Exception: "+E);
            }
            Req.Abort();

however, i get a timeout exception immediately.

so after some googling, i grabed wireshark, and monitored my one and only wireless network adapter, i can see all traffic completely fine, even the http response to the 192.168.3.1 web server from my computer.  but i don't ever see a packet getting sent when i start my program, i've tried some of the other unconnected adapters, but they don't generate anything either.

so, in short, is their something i'm missing for why this c# program isn't trying to create a network connection?

edit: arg, of course i find a solution moments after posting, anway in case anyone comes across this post in the future: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/General/Network-connectivity-issues-from-the-emulator/m-p/15096379/highlight/true#M246

Edited by slicer4ever

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By 3dmodelerguy
      So I am building a turn based rogue-like (think CDDA). The game is going to have a very large map (up to 1000's x 1000's) however to alleviate most of that I obviously can't render everything so there will just be render a certain radius around the player and just load in and out data as the player moves.
      The next major system I am prototyping is making interactive tiles destructible and pretty much everything will be destructible besides basic landscape (cars, doors, windows, structures, etc. will be destructible)
      While I am only rendering a certain amount of tiles around the player, I want to keep the amount of colliders active at one time to be as small as possible for performance and currently the tilemap tool I use automatically merges colliders together.
      So instead of creating a separate colliders for each of these tiles and having the destructible behavior tied to that object (which my tilemap tool would allow me to do) I was thinking that I would store an array of all the X and Y locations for the interactive tilemap layer and let the tilemap manage the colliders. 
      Then when I hit a collider on the interactive tilemap layer, instead of of getting the behavior for how to deal with the destruction for that tile from that game object, I would pull it from the array I mentioned earlier based on the tile I attempt to interact with which I already have.
      Does this sound like a good approach? Any other recommendations would be welcomed.
    • By NDraskovic
      Hey guys,
      I have a really weird problem. I'm trying to get some data from a REST service. I'm using the following code:

private void GetTheScores() { UnityWebRequest GetCommand = UnityWebRequest.Get(url); UnityWebRequestAsyncOperation operation = GetCommand.SendWebRequest(); if (!operation.webRequest.isNetworkError) { ResultsContainer rez = JsonUtility.FromJson<ResultsContainer>(operation.webRequest.downloadHandler.text); Debug.Log("Text: " + operation.webRequest.downloadHandler.text); } } The problem is that when I'm in Unity's editor, the request doesn't return anything (operation.webRequest.downloadHandler.text is empty, the Debug.Log command just prints "Text: "), but when I enter the debug mode and insert a breakpoint on that line, then it returns the text properly. Does anyone have an idea why is this happening?
      The real problem I'm trying to solve is that when I receive the text, I can't get the data from the JSON. The markup is really simple:
      [{"id":1,"name":"Player1"},{"id":2,"name":"Player2"}] and I have an object that should accept that data:
      [System.Serializable] public class ResultScript { public int id; public string name; } There is also a class that should accept the array of these objects (which the JSON is returning):
      [System.Serializable] public class ResultsContainer { public ResultScript[] results; } But when I run the code (in the debug mode, to get any result) I get an error: ArgumentException: JSON must represent an object type. I've googled it but none of the proposed solutions work for me.
      Also (regardless if I'm in the debug mode or not) when I try to do some string operations like removing or adding characters to the GET result, the functions return an empty string as a result
      Can you help me with any of these problems?
      Thank you
    • By nihitori
      The Emotional Music Vol. I pack focuses on beautiful and esoteric orchestral music, capable of creating truly emotive and intimate moods. It features detailed chamber strings, cello and piano as the main instruments, resulting in a subtle and elegant sound never before heard in video game royalty-free music assets.

The pack includes 5 original tracks, as well as a total of 47 loops based on these tracks (long loops for simple use and short loops for custom / complex music layering).

Unity Asset Store link: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/107032
      Unreal Engine Marketplace link: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/emotional-music-vol-i

A 15 seconds preview of each main track is available on Soundcloud:

• By RoKabium Games
      Another one of our new UI for #screenshotsaturday. This is the inventory screen for showing what animal fossils you have collected so far. #gamedev #indiedev #sama
  • Advertisement