• Announcements

• khawk

Download the Game Design and Indie Game Marketing Freebook   07/19/17

GameDev.net and CRC Press have teamed up to bring a free ebook of content curated from top titles published by CRC Press. The freebook, Practices of Game Design & Indie Game Marketing, includes chapters from The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses, A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing, and An Architectural Approach to Level Design. The GameDev.net FreeBook is relevant to game designers, developers, and those interested in learning more about the challenges in game development. We know game development can be a tough discipline and business, so we picked several chapters from CRC Press titles that we thought would be of interest to you, the GameDev.net audience, in your journey to design, develop, and market your next game. The free ebook is available through CRC Press by clicking here. The Curated Books The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses, Second Edition, by Jesse Schell Presents 100+ sets of questions, or different lenses, for viewing a game’s design, encompassing diverse fields such as psychology, architecture, music, film, software engineering, theme park design, mathematics, anthropology, and more. Written by one of the world's top game designers, this book describes the deepest and most fundamental principles of game design, demonstrating how tactics used in board, card, and athletic games also work in video games. It provides practical instruction on creating world-class games that will be played again and again. View it here. A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing, by Joel Dreskin Marketing is an essential but too frequently overlooked or minimized component of the release plan for indie games. A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing provides you with the tools needed to build visibility and sell your indie games. With special focus on those developers with small budgets and limited staff and resources, this book is packed with tangible recommendations and techniques that you can put to use immediately. As a seasoned professional of the indie game arena, author Joel Dreskin gives you insight into practical, real-world experiences of marketing numerous successful games and also provides stories of the failures. View it here. An Architectural Approach to Level Design This is one of the first books to integrate architectural and spatial design theory with the field of level design. The book presents architectural techniques and theories for level designers to use in their own work. It connects architecture and level design in different ways that address the practical elements of how designers construct space and the experiential elements of how and why humans interact with this space. Throughout the text, readers learn skills for spatial layout, evoking emotion through gamespaces, and creating better levels through architectural theory. View it here. Learn more and download the ebook by clicking here. Did you know? GameDev.net and CRC Press also recently teamed up to bring GDNet+ Members up to a 20% discount on all CRC Press books. Learn more about this and other benefits here.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noatom

Religion

13 posts in this topic

Probably most of the people on these forums are at least...smart.I mean game programming is a field that requires a lot of thinking.

Along my way to learn apis and all that stuff,I encountered a person that in my opinion had everything but time to build an amazing game,and he was very attached to...religion.Later he ended up quiting the world of game programming to spend more time with the church.

What I'm trying to say is: do you believe in religion? and do you believe in god?

Studies have shown that the atheism is growing,and in future,the atheism is gonna be the thing,not religion.

What do you think? God created people or was it the evolution? Edited by noatom

What do you think? God created people or was it the evolution?

Why not both? It could be that God, whatever it is, created life and evolution did the rest. I'd like to believe that (our idea of) God only exists because we exist, therefore it depends on us just as much as we depend on it.

Then again I could be wrong.

It seems to me like you're setting up an argument about how intelligent people should be atheist.

Goodness... there was a 108 page discussion on this already...

I can enjoy discussing religion with people in person, but I hate it over the internet.

+1

this topic has probably been discussed a billion times on every single forum to ever exist, so why do we need to have another one.

Edited by slicer4ever

Besides, religion isn't very easy to objectively argue about, considering it is not based on logic, which often results in circular reasoning wink.png

Besides, religion isn't very easy to objectively argue about, considering it is not based on logic, which often results in circular reasoning wink.png

+20

It seems to me like you're setting up an argument about how intelligent people should be atheist.

If you´re talking about what I said. No, that's not my intention. I was merely contributing to the post, but now I regret doing it...thanks T.T

oh...i was just asking if you believe in a god from a certain religion and why,that was all.<br /><br />

Let us not repeat this particular open-ended philosophical discussion.

If you have a specific philosophical point you would like to debate vis a vis religious beliefs, please start another thread with a suitably narrow focus.