What if...

Started by
16 comments, last by black_mage_s 22 years, 5 months ago
There was an RPG character who was playable, and a complete badass? Like when an enemy says "kill me", one character say "No, we will spare you, because we dont want to sink to your level." and then the badass says "yeah, well its too late for me!" and then shoots the guy 3 times. what would you think of this scene
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me
Advertisement
That describes me in on-line RPG''s
an RPG character acts however the player wants him to act, hence the name "Role Play Game"

If the player wants to play a badass he can, if he doesn''t you can''t very well force him.
true, the only control you have over this as the game designer is to give the player an option to say something witty and then kill the guy.

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
One of the common features of some of the most popular games is that the main player controlled character''s personality is somewhat undefined. This allows the player to make his character into whatever he wants him to be.

Jonathon
quote:"Mathematics are one of the fundamentaries of educationalizing our youths." -George W. Bush
Jonathon[quote]"Mathematics are one of the fundamentaries of educationalizing our youths." -George W. Bush"When a nation is filled with strife, then do patriots flourish." - Lao Tzu America: Love it or leave it ... in the mess it's in. [/quote]
you all obviosly forget the game final fantasy 6. in that game all of the characters personalities were predefined, and you liked it dammit. but the thing is, this is the kind of person i always wanted to see in an rpg, the person who breaks all of the rules and standards of the rpg world, and you cant stop him either.

most rpg main characters are babies, always sparing the enemy untill the big battle later where you have to kill him.
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me
if you''ve ever played ultima 7 (cool game) you can make your Avatar go around and kill innocent civilians and steal from the poor after you slit their throats. Then you can kill the guards that chase you and steal their stuff, too. Sniff sniff, ahhh the memories of old... isn''t fantasy neat?
http://www.freewebs.com/somebodyshootme/
quote:
this is the kind of person i always wanted to see in an rpg, the person who breaks all of the rules and standards of the rpg world, and you cant stop him either.

Well play a decent RPG that lets you define your own character. Problem solved.

Going around being a badass isnt exactly new to RPG''s. Pretty much everyone who has played an RPG has done this at some point.
kind of like Bauldur''s Gate.......you can be the goody goody guy and do all the good things....or you can go around killing townsfolk like I did and then kill the Flaming Fist when they come to arrest you.

"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world, then goes home crying to his momma."
- Mr. T
quote:Original post by drown
if you''ve ever played ultima 7 (cool game) you can make your Avatar go around and kill innocent civilians and steal from the poor after you slit their throats. Then you can kill the guards that chase you and steal their stuff, too. Sniff sniff, ahhh the memories of old... isn''t fantasy neat?

THOU HAST LOST AN EIGHTH!

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement