Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roof Top Pew Wee

Question about structs

I had a problem using a struct, but figured out the answer by accident. Now I''m wondering why what I''ve done works. Here''s the problem. // Globals.h #include "legendsGUI.h" // this is a header defining // some GUI classes struct { // lots of DirectX stuff here button myButton; // button class defined in legendsGUI.h } G; // end of Globals.h When I compile this in my program, I get an error if the button myButton is in there. When I take it out, the program has no error. I''ve figured that if I also put a name after the struct definition (if I have struct globals {}G; instead of just struct {}G; ) I no longer get the error. Can someone clarify why giving the struct a name rather than just instantiating it at the bottom fixes this error? Thanks --Vic--

Guest Anonymous Poster
Are you sure the adding or removing of that button variable causes the error? I mean, it´s just a variable like all the directx variables.

If you''re sure that it is causing the problem, maybe there´s something conflicting in the constructor of the button class.

Nick

Are you sure the adding or removing of that button variable causes the error? I mean, it´s just a variable like all the directx variables.

If you''re sure that it is causing the problem, maybe there´s something conflicting in the constructor of the button class.

Nick

nickm: Yes, I am sure it is the button. In fact, anything out of the "legendsGUI.h" file. Interesting thing. If I remove the contstructors out of the button (or any class I am going to create in the G struct) it works fine. However, these are classes which need constructors.

ncsu: I have solved the problem. I now that if I make a struct like that, it solves it. I am just wondering why.