• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

LNK2019 + LNK1120 Errors

This topic is 1841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have currently been at a loss after I got this errors debugging.

1>graphicsclass.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall modelclasstexture::~modelclasstexture(void)" (??1modelclasstexture@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: void * __thiscall modelclasstexture::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)" (??_Gmodelclasstexture@@QAEPAXI@Z)
1>graphicsclass.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: int __thiscall modelclasstexture::GetIndexCount(void)" (?GetIndexCount@modelclasstexture@@QAEHXZ) referenced in function "private: bool __thiscall GraphicsClass::Render(void)" (?Render@GraphicsClass@@AAE_NXZ)
1>graphicsclass.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall modelclasstexture::Render(struct ID3D10Device *)" (?Render@modelclasstexture@@QAEXPAUID3D10Device@@@Z) referenced in function "private: bool __thiscall GraphicsClass::Render(void)" (?Render@GraphicsClass@@AAE_NXZ)
1>modelclass.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: void __thiscall modelclasstexture::ShutdownBuffers(void)" (?ShutdownBuffers@modelclasstexture@@AAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall modelclasstexture::Shutdown(void)" (?Shutdown@modelclasstexture@@QAEXXZ)
1>C:\IGE v1.0\Source\IGE\Debug\IGE.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

I cannot find the source of the errors and have been researching to no solution.

The errors seem to come from this section of my code:

public:
modelclasstexture();
modelclasstexture(const modelclasstexture&);
~modelclasstexture();

bool Initialize(ID3D10Device*, WCHAR*);
void Shutdown();
void Render(ID3D10Device*);

int GetIndexCount();

ID3D10ShaderResourceView* GetTexture();

Advertisement
Those errors mean that you haven't provided definitions for those functions. You need to give them function bodies somewhere.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement