GLFW Linking errors Visual Studio 10

Started by
15 comments, last by dougbinks 11 years, 3 months ago

I'm having trouble setting up GLFW on Visual Studio 10.0 I was following this guys tutorial. However I am still getting linking errors

1>GLFW.lib(window.obj) : error LNK2005: __glfwClearWindowHints already defined in window.obj 1>GLFW.lib(window.obj) : error LNK2005: __glfwClearInput already defined in window.obj
1>GLFW.lib(window.obj) : error LNK2005: __glfwInputKey already defined in window.obj
1>GLFW.lib(window.obj) : error LNK2005: __glfwInputChar already defined in window.obj
1>GLFW.lib(window.obj) : error LNK2005: __glfwInputMouseClick already defined in window.obj
1>GLFW.lib(window.obj) : error LNK2005: __glfwChooseFBConfig already defined in window.obj
1>GLFW.lib(window.obj) : error LNK2005: __glfwInputDeactivation already defined in window.obj
1>GLFW.lib(init.obj) : error LNK2005: __glfwInitialized already defined in init.obj
1>GLFW.lib(glext.obj) : error LNK2005: __glfwParseGLVersion already defined in glext.obj
1>GLFW.lib(glext.obj) : error LNK2005: __glfwStringInExtensionString already defined in glext.obj
1>GLFW.lib(glext.obj) : error LNK2005: __glfwRefreshContextParams already defined in glext.obj
1>MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'msvcrt.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

I have tried googling the errors but I havent found much help. I have linked opengl32/lib and glu32.lib in the linker settings. I have also linked the appropriate folders for include and lib. I downloaded and linked both the win32 binaries and the original zip from the GLFW site.

#include <windows.h>
#include <stdio.h>   
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <GL/glew.h>
#define GLFW_DLL
#include <GL/glfw.h>
#pragma comment(lib,"glfwdll.lib")
#include <GL/glm/glm.hpp>

int main()
{
glfwInit();
glfwSleep( 1.0 );
glfwTerminate();
}

Any help is appreciated..h>.h>.h>

Advertisement

Try including glfw before you include glew.

Also try cleaning and rebuilding the project and see if it works.

okay, now i get this 1>c:\users\dakota\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\spawngl\main.cpp(13): warning C4005: 'GLFW_DLL' : macro redefinition 1> command-line arguments : see previous definition of 'GLFW_DLL' 1>c:\users\dakota\desktop\glew-1.9.0-win32\glew-1.9.0\include\gl\glew.h(84): fatal error C1189: #error : gl.h included before glew.h 1>

I just checked this http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/34102/can-i-use-glfw-and-glew-together-in-the-same-code

include glew before glfw, and comment the GLFW_DLL part, and see if it works.

Done. Now I'm getting the same errors as before.

1>glfw.lib(window.obj) : error LNK2005: __glfwClearWindowHints already defined in window.obj

etc.

Call glewInit() before glfwInit().

If it doesn't work, maybe you should consider stop using glew, and try something else.

Tired that, and I believe it's GLFW that is acting up, according to the errors.

Okay I tried following the instructions here

and I managed to get this

but when I type "nmake win32-msys" I get a bunch of errors. Is this the correct one for visual studio 10?

You're not linking to static glfw.lib and DLL at the same time somehow? Also consider switching to GLFW 3.0 and compiling it yourself for your platform. It's almost release-ready, I'm using it for a year and didn't have a single problem (except for name-changes that happened during development of lib, but its just minor inconvenience).

By the way, any reason why you're not linking GLFW as static lib?

Where are we and when are we and who are we?
How many people in how many places at how many times?

[quote name='noizex' timestamp='1357462035' post='5018111']
You're not linking to static glfw.lib and DLL at the same time somehow?
[/quote]

Not sure what that means, I'm kinda new to OpenGL and Visual Studio. Explain? :)

Also consider switching to GLFW 3.0 and compiling it yourself for your platform.
[/quote]

Do you think that would work for this

turorial? If so then I'm all ears.

By the way, any reason why you're not linking GLFW as static lib?
[/quote]

Again, I'm not sure how to do this. help?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement