• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Good reads

This topic is 1838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys,

What are some good books on java for beginners looking towards making a game in the end? Thanks a ton.

Any help is appreciated, so far the only book I heard was good is Killer Game Programming In Java.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Advertisement

There is a book they use at my school called "Starting out with Java, Early Objects" fourth edition. If they use the book in a school, then it must be good, or at least not suck. I personally have not read the book, but maybe you should look into it. Also, you don't need an actual game programming book to learn to program games. If you take a book like this one, and a game programming book on java, you can get the same results. You learn the same stuff(pretty much, some books include more than others) from both books, however the game programming book might teach you the basics of how to make graphical games with jframe (Maybe, I don't know enough java to know what I am talking about. I am sorry if I was wrong). Personally, I would research the books and see what they have to offer me based on learning java, not on game programming. 

Edited by Mathew Bergen

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement