quadtree or not

Started by
2 comments, last by kayX 22 years, 6 months ago
In order to render a world faster, unseen vertices should not be send to render. How do i do this? i tried using quadtree and this is the few problems that i face : 1) if i were to build my world with a 3d program and export it to a mesh(.x file) how to i know which vertex is in which sector? 2) when a mesh or object move pass a sector''s bounding line, how do i send only the needed data to be render? 3) Or should i move to another technique? yes or not, is there a sample for me to study on as i cant find much resource concerning how to render a world efficiently
Advertisement
Buy a book on it.
-------Homepage: http://www.pclx.com
Game Programming Gems (the first one) has 2 chapters in it that pretty much answer the two questions you asked. Pick it up, it''s a good one to have.

"If consquences dictate our course of action, it doesn''t matter what''s right, it''s only wrong if you get caught."
- Tool

"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
thanks, i''ll take a look at it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement