Hero of Allacrost (RPG) - Development Gameplay Video

Started by
1 comment, last by kyanite 11 years, 3 months ago

This has been a long time project of mine, and I've been posting about it here on GameDev ever since it started way back in 2004. After the project laid dormant for nearly 18 months, we've picked it up again, dusted it off, and have resumed active development. A few hours ago I uploaded a video that demonstrates the current state of the game along with audio commentary discussing various aspects of the game's design. I wanted to share it and get some feedback, as well as maybe find some interested people who would like to help out. Enjoy!

">

Also, here are some old screenshots.

About Hero of Allacrost

Hero of Allacrost is a single player 2D role-playing game inspired by classic console RPGs. In Hero of Allacrost, the player will explore rich environments, solve challenging dungeon puzzles, and fight strategic battles in an active-time based system. The game is free open-source software and is available across several platforms including Windows, OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD.

Links

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

Advertisement

A lot of people were telling me that the audio commentary was too difficult to hear over the game, so I adjusted the volume levels and uploaded the improved video. Edited the original post so that it now links to the new video. Thanks for watching!

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

I just wanted to say that I've seen this project - off and on - for many years now and that y'all have done, and continue to do, a great job. Keep up the good work!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement