Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oniera

Big web site update (very cool, very different)

Hey all, just letting you know that we''ve done a MAJOR update to our site. I hope you like the new style, it''s completely different than any other I''ve ever seen. The page was created by Oniera''s 3D artist George over a period of 3 months, please come take a look... www.oniera.com Demetrios Georgeadis Director/Programmer Oniera Software Artists

www.oniera.com

nice job guys I sure as hell wish I had the artistic talent to do something like that. I've come up with neat-o Flash designs but was never able to implement them cause I can't draw to save my life Hence my site relies heavily on effects such as blinking and flashing and other tech stuff. Oh well, do what you can right?

Do you do Flash detection when the page loads? If not you should cause some people disable that plugin popup and may not know what's wrong with the site. Always provide a link to download Flash on the intro page.

Drew Sikora
A.K.A. Gaiiden

ICQ #: 70449988
AOLIM: DarkPylat

Blade Edge Software
Public Relations, Game Institute
Staff Member, GDNet

Online column - Design Corner at Pixelate
3-time Contributing author, Game Design Methods , Charles River Media (coming GDC 2002)

IGDC - the International Game Developers Chat! [irc.safemalloc.com #igdc]

i found it was a little difficult to navigate at times. It was very different. But personnaly I prefer websites without all the fancy stuff. I want a simple website with easy navigation that takes me straight to the information and displays it in a simple manner.

"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world, then goes home crying to his momma."
- Mr. T

Hello Oniera!

I would like to say that your web site is unlike anything i have ever seen before! It is truly a unique experience with amazing visuals, sound and music all combined in such an artistic way that sometimes i forget i am looking at a web site
and not playing some new Myst title hehe

I would like to comment on what the person before me said, that he prefers simple web sites with easy navigation and such..I agree that the Oniera web site is a bit hard to navigate at first but thats part of the whole experience i think..and truly if these guys did not have a fancy and such an artistic look on their web site like they do now and they had a "simple" web page...they wouldnt have fooled me that they are creative enough people to create a good video game. I think the presentation of their web site is making me keep an eye out for these guys- because i believe they are gonna go far!

Keep up the good work Oniera!

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by ncsu121978
i found it was a little difficult to navigate at times. It was very different. But personnaly I prefer websites without all the fancy stuff. I want a simple website with easy navigation that takes me straight to the information and displays it in a simple manner.

"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world, then goes home crying to his momma."
- Mr. T

Notice that its always the people who cant draw that say that.