Physics Engine problem

Started by
4 comments, last by MohammadAhmed 11 years, 3 months ago

hello every one ,

I face serious problems and I am happy to be here :) . I am working on game project and I am searching for 3D physics engine for my game , I found 2 which is JigLibX and BEPUphysics Libraries , but the problem I don't know how to use them in my project and I am really depressed :( because when I saw the code !! I shocked .
the second problem is that they require rigged models and my models are skinned models cause i used the skinnedModel sample from Microsoft and build my graphics engine based on it.
I saw some samples but they make me more depressed because of the complex code written inside them . So any help pls!

Advertisement

Do you have a specific question that is related to DirectX? What is it that you need help with?

@Jason Z himself !!!!!!!! Ok I have Engine and I want to connect Physics engine with xna/c# (the same as DirectX) , I just need you to tell me if you can ! how to use BEUphysics or bulletX in my XNA game , it's complex and the documentation is weak??

I love your book

I don't know how to integrate physics library into my game ?
Do I have to know the source code ?(it's complex)

i just need steps to do not more.

@Jason Z himself !!!!!!!! Ok I have Engine and I want to connect Physics engine with xna/c# (the same as DirectX) , I just need you to tell me if you can ! how to use BEUphysics or bulletX in my XNA game , it's complex and the documentation is weak??

I love your book

For sure it is possible, it is just a matter of how difficult it will be to add the two together.

Thanks for the comment on the book :)

I don't know how to integrate physics library into my game ?
Do I have to know the source code ?(it's complex)

i just need steps to do not more.

Most likely you will need access to the source code. Typically you will use a physics engine to determine the spatial properties of the objects in your scene, and then your rendering system would use that information to render the objects appropriately. I'm not familiar with the specific libraries that you mentioned, but in general you have to determine what types of objects you will be rendering (rigid bodies, plus skeletal bodies it sounds like) and then find out how to get that spatial data into your shaders in an appropriate way.

@ Jason Z,

Thank you my teacher!!! I am happy to talk with you smile.png thanks for help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement