Fictional team names?

Started by
3 comments, last by noatom 11 years, 3 months ago

I think I know answer to this question, but I want to see what others can tell me about this.

Is it possible to use team name and logo for your team, but if it is not registered company or anything? (like group of people under one name) Of course in case there is nothing under that name in use.

Advertisement

Of course it's possible. Anything is possible except time travel to the past (and the Star Trek holodeck). But why would you want to? A person whose real name is listed in the credits of a shipped game has solid credits he can point to on his resume. A company whose real name and logo is used in a shipped game can get project offers, and can collect money for sales. So why would you want to use fake names?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Well not exactly fake more like not registered , but since starting any kind of business of any kind brings expenses and taxes and other money related stuff. I thought that if it is possible it can bypass problem with expenses (is this approach even legal?). Only real problem that I can think of is that if I use not registered team name and logo I will not be in position to defend it if someone wants to use it or something?

Sorry for misunderstanding your question.

It's not smart or good business to go into business without doing it in a businesslike way.

If you don't register your business, you have to pay personal income taxes on the sales, and yes, as you mentioned, you put yourself in various types of risk.

I still don't know, though, why you would want to go into business in a slapdash kind of way like that.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I think you should decide about a name,check if a domain already exists with it,or something very close,also check if there is a trademark using it,it you're ok,you can buy the domain name now,and the the business paper work later.<br /><br />

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement