Space Retards

Started by
2 comments, last by touch_the_sky 11 years, 3 months ago

Hi everyone,

I would like to present to you my very new html5 game I am currently working on.

So, here's some info:

STORY
All I can say is in my game you are not a hero trying to save the princess / world / vegeterians, etc. My game gives you a unique opportunity to become a Space Murderer. A vile, nasty, evil bastard with a mission to commit genocide on good, innocent Space Retards smile.png At this stage I don't want to get into a lot of detail about the story, since no matter what this game is all about:

THE MECHANICS
It is a classic, arcade-style, 2d top-down shooter at its core. I am aiming at a distinct AtariNESque experience with a bit of a modern twist.

CONTROLS
You move with arrow keys, you try to murder with either Space or Ctrl (both Ctrl and Space do exactly the same thing). So again, a classic '1-fire-button' setup. Simples.

OBJECTIVE
Three Words: Genocide and Survival. The good, innocent retards are not so helpless after all. The very looks of you make them go apeshit, trying to crash right into you. The action can get intense at times, as it's supposed to.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
An average PC / Mac, with an average NVIDIA / ATI graphics card and latest Google Chrome browser (no plugins needed) open in a full-size window, ideally 1600x1050 screen resolution.
Playing Netflix at the same time, streaming Flash stuff, etc. in other active tab will affect the game huge time, so not recommended.

SCREEN

gameplay.jpg

The game can be found here:

Space Retards

Hope you enjoy it:)

Any constructive feedback welcome.

Advertisement

Just a quick update, a short gameplay vid:

">

More stuff in dev ATM and coming soon:)

Your game looks great, but my framerates aren't very good. Running this game on my Macbook Pro @ 2.93Ghz (GeForce 9400M), I expected the framerate to be stable. Guess not.

What are the system specs used to create this game?

Hi Blueshogun,

Are you using the latest Google Chrome browser? The game launches in Safari as it's also webkit, but currently performance difference can be colossal between the two.

I tested it on a similar Macbook Pro as well as a really old iMac (can't remember the specs exactly but way lower than yours). On the old iMac it worked perfectly as long as Google Chrome was used - Safari performed really bad.

The lowest spec computer I used to run the game was and old, single core Pentium 4 PC which still hangs around in the office, with some shitty AGP graphics card (yep!;), and it was fine as long as Chrome was used.

I know there are other platforms and browsers out there, so I'll look into that in the future but currently I am focusing on the gameplay and the browser which happened to work best during my tests.

The other thing which could affect the performance would be if you had some Flash streaming in the other tab or another active tab with a js heavy site / app, as well as some heavy system process running.

And if the above is not the case, and you are indeed using new Chrome... than that gives me something to think about:)

Please let me know how you're getting on

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement