Sign in to follow this  
P0jahn

Get coordinates for a rectangles edges

I need to implement a laser unit to my game that fire a rotating(360 degree) laser. The laser target coordinate is where I am getting stuck at. Every frame, it need to update its target coordinates so the laser is spinning. So if I have a rectangle that is 800x600, first I get coordinate 1:0, then 2:0, and later 800:0, then 800:1, 800:2, later 800:600, then 799:600. I hope that was clear. I thought it was an easy task, I opened eclipse but got stuck pretty fast smile.png Searched on google but could not find anything.

I need to implement a laser unit to my game that fire a rotating(360 degree) laser. The laser target coordinate is where I am getting stuck at. Every frame, it need to update its target coordinates so the laser is spinning. So if I have a rectangle that is 800x600, first I get coordinate 1:0, then 2:0, and later 800:0, then 800:1, 800:2, later 800:600, then 799:600. I hope that was clear. I thought it was an easy task, I opened eclipse but got stuck pretty fast smile.png Searched on google but could not find anything.

The laser has to follow a path of targets, I would create a class "Follower" with a container with points to follow and a class CircuitFollower that updates the current point until the end and begins again, initialized with  this three points: (0,0) (800,0) (800,600)

The class perform an Action every frame and updates the current point every frame (usually to the next).

So if you have a class Enemy you should implement this class.

Class Follower

{

Queue pointsToFollow;

Action();

Update();

}

Class CircuitFollower

{

}

Maybe it's too generic for you, I don't know... but it's useful for more stuff