What do you need to be your own publisher

Started by
3 comments, last by Greg Quinn 11 years, 2 months ago
So let's say I make a game,me and my team.And we decide that we'll publish the game using my name.

What should I ask a lawyer for? I mean I tried to make one understand what I want to do,but Game publisher...is not something that they encounter every day.

So can someone please explain what should I ask for? In law terms?
Advertisement

When you say, "using my name," what does that mean? You'd publish the game as "Noatom Smith's game, published by Noatom Smith"?

And when you say, "what should I ask a lawyer for," do you have something specific in mind, like collaboration agreement with your team, tax laws...?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Well...I'd like it to appear on a different name,not just noatom adam for example.And I wouldn't want to involve other people in this.It would be just like:<br /><br />me + team make a game<br />i publish the game<br />the money that I receive I will split the team

Write a collaboration agreement with your team (if any members of your team are people). See the article at miaentertainmentlaw.com

Check your government's websites to find out about business regulations, tax regulations.

Check out the directory of game attorneys at obscure.co.uk

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Have you considered getting a company registered and publishing the game under that company name?

Register yourself as the sole director, and for each member who contributes outline a profit sharing agreement on that specific title, between the company and the contributors.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement