join RPG game design team!!!

Started by
26 comments, last by TechnoHydra 22 years, 5 months ago
Heres an Idea: Next time you come up with a good idea, why dont you do it your damn self? =)

This was a stupid question to ask ANYONE. If you want a programmer, go learn how to..

I hate when ppl come to forums and say
"Hi, I got this idea for a game, and I need someone to make it. Oh, by the way, I have no clue howto."

Its just...

Annoying..

~Jesse

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Advertisement
I appreciate your attitude about the whole thing, flash. If you would like a little direction on what to study, programming is definetly it. It''s almost impossible to sucessfully lead a project with out at least some basic knowlege of how programming works. As for where to start with learning programming. I recommend searching for information on QBASIC, which is the easiest programming langauge I know of. From there you can look into C, C++ etc. Oh, also check out the page in my signature.

--Lowell N. Manners
lowell@makevideogames.com
MakeVideoGames.com
--Lowell N. Mannerslowell@makevideogames.comMakeVideoGames.com

Coder in transit HQ! :: Fear not fellow developers. We do believe that our help would be "helpful" in the development of this game.

I''ve got way to much time on my hands so :
1) Delphi, C++, Open GL knowledge
2) V.Limited modelling skills (snaps: www.gamedevelopment.8m.com)
3) Experienced (my articles: www.sagamedev.co.za/articles)

Xsist10@webmail.co.za

I burn cold
Oh yeah Yoda? you ever get around to going to nehe''s site and figuring out how to texture map a poly? or are you still posting (for the 5th time) your request for someone to "tell" you how to do it?

Try not to be such a hipocrate
I havnt been programming for 3 years, im only 17 going on 18, but i also want to make a game or somthing, but i''d rather learn everything i need to make the game. (i.e. learn 3d modelling, find out how a town system works (if this is a FF type game, then its a RPG, you should look into D&D, they have a few books on how to design towns, and what each town has to have.))

Learn a little bit of programming, find out how the structure works, and when you know somethign about programming, and designing a town, and a character, then you can probably ask for some help from people who would like to have their name on some game they made.

If you cant get the help you need, just work with the people you have, have each person learn a little of each others job. The modeller learns a bit about programming and town design. The programmer learns a little about 3d anime and artwork, and etc. This will probably help you work faster without having to have a lot of people... but then again, each person learning everything, might slow you down, and make people have brain farts. Who knows.

But then again, I have 0 experiance in game programming, and forgot everything i learned 3 years ago about BASIC VB and VC++, why listen to me right?

--------
Dmitry
--------DmitryDVZ0101@yahoo.com
Hey man, I can see that you are new here by your join date.
I''ll tell you why you got SO MANY negitive responses.
Not just here but on pretty much every programming board ever invented there are ALWAYS posts from people saything some on the line of
"Hi, I don''t have any experiance yet, but I want to make a really good game, so if any really experianced people want to make my game for me, e-mail me".

As someone else pointed out, those experianced people are already working on their own projects. You should check out the beginer forum, see if you and some other beginers can get a small team together and make a game like pong, pac-man or some other simple game. But seriously, read some books, read more books, and when your done go get some more.

Jason Mickela
E-Mail: jmickela@sbcglobal.net
------------------------------
"Evil attacks from all sides
but the greatest evil attacks
from within." Me
------------------------------
"The paths of glory lead but to the grave." - Thomas GrayMy Stupid BlogMy Online Photo Gallery
I am also starting out on building a Online RPG that me and my brother are starting on at the moment iam looking up all relivent info for this game and should have a site running soon. I would have also have asked on forums but i wanted to learn all the asspects of game development which is why me and my brother are learning C++ as well as other things we started work on it last night.
YodaTheCoder: I dont think you appreciate the complexity of Game Design itself. A good design can be just as hard and harder then the actual programming of the code. That is why there are TEAMS that work on games and play their own role in its creation. I still encourage ssj4 to learn programming but he doesn''t HAVE to do all the work himself.

ssj4: Whether or not you keep working on the design, dont throw the idea completely out the door, one day you may find inspiration in it and be ready to take on the task.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement