Postmortem: one must die - Announcing and Recruiting Help!

Started by
3 comments, last by Koobazaur 11 years, 1 month ago

postmortem-logo-300x130.jpg

You are Death.
In a country torn by a violent domestic conflict and industrial revolution,
a charity gala brings together a cast of influential and ambitious characters.
But the Powers That Be demand you take one life tonight.
How will you choose?

[COLOR="#DAA520"]Teaser Video
[video]
">
[/video]
[COLOR="#DAA520"]What is Postmortem?
Postmortem is a short exploratory adventure game taking place in a fictional industrial-age country of Galicia, ravaged by five years of violent rioting between two ideologically and economically divided communities. You play as death incarnate, sent to a fundraising gala with the objective of claiming a single life from any of its attendants and staff.
By exploring the space, conversing with the patrons, and uncovering various clues, you will learn about the world and the characters, revealing how their deaths might (or might not!) influence the country.
But how much should you meddle with mortal affairs? Perhaps a random choice is the fairest? What other effects could your involvement have?
[COLOR="#DAA520"]Screenshots
(Alpha Footage. Art assets are temporary placeholders)
postmortem-alpha-screenshot-gala.jpg postmortem-alpha-screenshot-conversation postmortem-alpha-screenshot-newspaper.jp postmortem-alpha-screenshot-pamphlet.jpg postmortem-alpha-conversation-trees.jpg postmortem-alpha-artstyle-concepts-small
[COLOR="#DAA520"]Want to get involved?
Currently I am looking for:
2D Artists - I have a few ideas for style, but it's not set in stone yet, so I would be happy to collaborate and give a lot of freedom
Composers - looking for slow and moody, matching the setting. Arcanum, Bioshock and Classical music have been an inspiration for me so far.
Writers - albeit all the texts and conversations have already been written, they are in dire need of some editing. More material would also be nice!
Testers - no game can be complete without some feedback, both technical and gameplay.
Interested? Shoot me an email at info@postmortemgame.com with your details and maybe some samples of your work!
[COLOR="#DAA520"]Quick FAQ
What is the state of the game?
The game is at a fully playable Alpha stage with all the features, levels, characters and text-materials complete, but placeholder art! However, it is still very malleable, and I am open to future team-member feedback and suggestions.
What Platforms is it for?
Currently, only a PC release is planned. Will there be more? If it takes off smile.png
Will it be free?
Yup! If the game proves successful, I do have ideas for future episodes and projects that may go commercial, but the original will always be free!
Who is developing this game?
Just me now, but I am looking for extra helping hands in Graphics/Music/Writing/Testing departments. So if you'd like to jump onboard and become a part of the team, email me - info@postmortemgame.com or check out the website!
When will it be released?
No date yet, sorry! But with the design doc and development path being clearly laid out, and the alpha being feature-complete, things are well on track!
Where can I learn more / Ask questions?
Post here or head to the website - http://www.postmortemgame.com!
[COLOR="#DAA520"]So who is the author?
I am a travelling Cinematographer, Game Programmer and Web Developer currently living in Los Angeles. Aside from hobby game programming since me tweens, I have worked for two years at a small indie studio that published two titles for PCs and consoles. I also have a Masters in Comparative Ethnic Conflict which, as you can see, inspired much of the setting for the game. This isn't intended to brag so I'm skipping details - if you're still curious you can find more details about me here!
Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...
Advertisement

Just a small little update that Postmortem is featured on the front page of GameDev.net under Image of the Day biggrin.png

Also, I have mostly locked down on some good composers and got a few writer's interested. Still on the lookout for a Graphics Artist and more testers!

Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...

Since DevDiary's seem to be all the rage these days, I decided to write about what I learned from the first playtest of my game if anyone's curious :D Check it out!

Closed Alpha Testing has now begun! Sign Up Here! Excited to hear your thoughts :D

Postmortem just reached third internal alpha milestone! Integrated Bullet Physics, an awesome physics library for better collision detection and response – FINALLY, sliding instead of getting stuck on stuff! And finished generating Navigation Graph plus basic AI routines, meaning all the characters now walk and navigate around obstacles.

postmortem-alpha-screenshot-navpaths.jpg

The hilarious side effect of that is that, being dynamic physics bodies, characters can now be “bumped” and pushed around by the player. Do I sense a Postmortem: Soccer Edition coming soon?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement