Your reaction to Crysis 3?

Started by
28 comments, last by mrheisenberg 11 years, 3 months ago

Far Cry 2 and 3 are developed by UbiSoft Montreal, not Crytek.

Advertisement

That looks amazing. I can't wait to pick this up. I was a huge fan of Crysis 1 and 2.

These kinds of AAA FPS games looks so over-darkened to me, as if there wasn't enough ambient light. It doesn't look realisitic, instead I can1t really see what's going on. Okay, maybe there are settings for that, but why are demos made this dark?

Obviously stupid questions, the last AAA FPS I played was CoD 2, and it looked quite right in that regard. But these demos, not something that I can enjoy looking at.

Well, you could compensate by walking by the beach on Far Cry 3. It may damage your eyes permanently though.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

The only thing CryTech means to me is ego.
When Luminous Engine and Unreal Engine 4 came out CryTech went out of their way to trash-talk them. “We are the only engine that blah blah blah’s.”

Jerks. Seriously.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

btw if you check out their SDK,EVERYTHING in the headers is named Cry###,its CryDev,CryString,CryMath,CryPhysics uhm...I guess they got obsessed with the engine itself instead of the game,even in the game it's CryNet,CryLab,CryEverything o_o
btw if you check out their SDK,EVERYTHING in the headers is named Cry###,its CryDev,CryString,CryMath,CryPhysics uhm...I guess they got obsessed with the engine itself instead of the game,even in the game it's CryNet,CryLab,CryEverything o_o

Brand identity.

Also, maybe their compiler doesn't support namespaces. biggrin.png

I don't think that's that crazy. A lot of the engine's I've worked with have engine specific prefixes in some form or fashion.

I don't think that's that crazy. A lot of the engine's I've worked with have engine specific prefixes in some form or fashion.

Indeed, although sometimes the meaning is legacy; all of our prefixes are 'Ne' (so "NeGfx" for the graphics layer) which would have come from 'Neon' (the original engine name) instead of Ego (the current engine name) :D

Sometimes the pseudo-namespaces are also for compatibility with 'C' language.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement