Sign in to follow this  
mrheisenberg

Your reaction to Crysis 3?

Prinz Eugn    4418
I suppose I am one of the few who found the Crysis and Far Cry games actually quite fun to play.   I'm still on Far Cry 3 right now but playing through the game with just a bow has made for quite a challenge to maintain stealth.   I've actually been more disappointed by a lot of the other mega-budget AAA blockbusters by comparison (like the Modern Warfare games.. ugh).   Though I am more of a casual gamer who hops on single player to get my mind off of work.

I agree with this, I liked Crysis (haven't played 2 a lot). It was pretty, fun, and had enough originality for me, anyway. The part where you go into the alien ship was one of the most interesting segments in an FPS I can remember...

mrheisenberg    362

Ok I must ask-the people who work/have worked in the Industry,how optimized would you rate Crysis 2 to be(if you've played it).They say it's the world's fastest renderer,but Crysis 2 didn't have much destructability to justify the cpu usage and the model/texture details were pretty low as well.I'm not sure to what extent they used dynamic global illumination,but it was still a pretty heavy game compared to Battlefield 3 for instance.

Reavermyst    133
I think it looks great, though I have a good feeling it's going to follow the linear model of it's predecessor. Crysis 2 was a little of a borefest near the end(for me at least) since at that time i mainly wanted to enjoy going after those jerk Cell soldiers. Edited by Reavermyst