Game/ Simulation Industry Terminology - Online Reference

Started by
3 comments, last by swiftcoder 11 years, 3 months ago

Hi,

Does anyone have links to webpages about game development terms? I searched online but yet to find them in one site.

Specifically, what are common synonyms of "bug-fix" which would look better for development documentation such as outlines that one would use in the industry? Is there a most common used equivalent?

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

Advertisement

Here is a pretty big glossary:

http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson28.htm

The word "bug" is pretty standard, maybe someone uses "error correction" or something similar instead but for the most part....yeah...just say bug.

Stay gold, Pony Boy.
what are common synonyms of "bug-fix" which would look better for development documentation such as outlines that one would use in the industry? Is there a most common used equivalent?

I have often said "bug fix" but I'd need to see it in context (used in a sentence).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Everyone in the industry I know refers to it as "bug fixing." IMHO using a different term would probably make your communication less clear, not more.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

[quote name='minibutmany' timestamp='1358122327' post='5021230']
maybe someone uses "error correction" or something similar[/quote]

The phrase 'error correction' to me implies something along the lines of error correcting codes (i.e. information theory, not software development).

'Bug fix' is definitely the most common phrase. I'd shy away from anything more obscure.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement