key frame animation from 3dStudio Max

Started by
7 comments, last by Crunchy 22 years, 6 months ago
I''m using conv3ds to convert my 3dStudioMax files into x files. But, I can''t get the animations to work. The animation works inside 3dStudioMax but when I right a directx program there is no animation, just a single frame. Help
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Crunchy
I''m using conv3ds to convert my 3dStudioMax files into x files. But, I can''t get the animations to work. The animation works inside 3dStudioMax but when I right a directx program there is no animation, just a single frame.

Help

DX hasn''t got any possibility to work with x-file animation there was in D3DRM but not in Immediate.
You must read animation keys from x file manually.
(f) Fisher
Can you point me to a site that shows an example of this or if its easy just show me.
Thanks in advance
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I can''t seem to find an example of this being done.
Have you tried MD3 files? They are a bit tougher to work with than .x but they seem to be extremely useful. They are the format that the quake games use.

~Vendayan
"Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed man. He will surely attempt to disarm you as well"~Vendayan
I could do that but I''d still like to learn how to do it with .x files. Anyone else have suggestions?
If you dont mind seeing some vb codes, check out this site
http://64.23.12.52//Tutorials/DirectX8/GR_Lesson10.asp
That definitely helps! Does anyone know of a page that does this in c++?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement