Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoofProg

OpenBSD not linux

GoofProg    127
I got one dedicated box to OpenBSD. After downloading the essential packages, it built the OS.. (oh goody).. I rebooted and it ran just fine. The next day when I went to install some of the packages.. the bandwidth went to a crawl. I made sure it wasn''t my ISP or the ftp server that I''m downloading from.. does any one know what would cause this.. besides an attack on my machine. I know this does not belong in the gamedev forum.. but you guys are cool and might know something.

Cyberdrek    100
quote:
Original post by GoofProg
I got one dedicated box to OpenBSD. After downloading the essential packages, it built the OS.. (oh goody).. I rebooted and it ran just fine. The next day when I went to install some of the packages.. the bandwidth went to a crawl. I made sure it wasn''t my ISP or the ftp server that I''m downloading from.. does any one know what would cause this.. besides an attack on my machine. I know this does not belong in the gamedev forum.. but you guys are cool and might know something.

Let me start off with an answer to your subject, no *BSDs aren''t linux, they''re real Unix systems for PCs. Now, with that said, I can''t seem to figure out why your bandwith would fall but it''s probably related to your configuration of BSD. Might want to check your settings, make sure that everything is set up properly.

If all else fails, might want to check on the net for answers. There are dozens and dozens of web sites that have troubleshooting for BSD...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer