Sign in to follow this  

Acoustic Electronic (Work in Progress)

This topic is 1810 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is a track that was supposed to be used in a space game. It didn't get used, but I liked it enough to keep. When I submitted it to the developer, it was still a work in progress. I'm steadily getting used to recording acoustic guitar (well, guitar in general), and I would love some feedback on the entire track, since this is the first time I have recorded guitar and combined it in this fashion. I don't think the climax is open enough, and enveloping enough. I want it to have a kind of engulfing feeling before the mellow ending.

Thanks a lot for those willing to offer feedback (though I feel like a pig for continuously asking for it).

https://soundcloud.com/jasminecoopermusic/spurs-in-space

Edited by M4uesviecr

I really dig the guitar work! However, in the first half the drums and guitar not always hit in the same moment.

The drums are a bit weak in terms of presence. By all mean, don't change them, as those are very good acoustic percussion bits! Just process them more.

Great tune! Feels a bit strange for a space game - although it would absolutely ROCK if that game was some kind of wild west in space setting - with gritty ships and grittier pilots etc!!

Hey guys! Sorry for such a late reply but thanks a ton for the feedback on the piece! I'm currently working on another (one that will be used officially in the game). I may post that up and ask for feedback as well. I seem to be having a difficult time with balancing.

Sign in to follow this