• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
the dodger uk

DX11 finding what directX version you GPU can use

This topic is 2155 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i need to know if  my GPU can run directx10 or 11 through code.

i have a project written in dx11 , and so  the shaders are dx11

but i am running it on a dx10 machine at the moment  , so i need to convert the sahders to dx10

i want the  project to  detect what version of dx it can run in the GPU though code 

any ideas

Advertisement

You can detect the supported feature level of your GPU (9/10/11) when you create the device. Just don't specify a specific feature level (pass NULL for the feature level array parameter) and check the pFeatureLevel value the method will output. For more details, look at the docs for the D3D11CreateDevice function.  

There's no reason to use DX10, any GPU that supports DX10 can be targeted with DX11. Like ATEFred mentioned you can check the feature level of the device to see what features are supported.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!